Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-11-2018, 06:58 PM
Digby

REDUCED OTA ONLY:Classic VIXEN FL-80S Fluorite APO

For sale: A classic VIXEN FL-80S fluorite f/8 telescope with legendary optical quality.
The scope was purchased earlier this year from well known Danish amateur astronomer Allan Dystrup.
This example dates from the mid to late 80’s (serial #807082)
The Vixen Fluorite Apochromatic refractors were the most exquisite, difficult
to produce and hence also the most expensive classic telescopes to come out of Japan. The objectives are air-spaced doublets in Steinhell confiquration, with a KzF2 short flint at the front mated to a positive CaF2 fluorite crystal at the back. The positive CaF2 fluorite crystal crown element at the back (made by Canon/Optron)..These same fluorite elements were used in the Takahashi FS series of that era. They provide unsurpassed optical color correction in a medium f/8 air spaced doublet,a lens cell with fast cool down(10 mins) a strong lightweight OTA (2.2kgs) with a solid R&P focuser that when well adjusted, can hold heavy equipment for visual as well as astrophotography.The lens cell is fully adjustable by 3 pairs of push/pull collimation screws.
The lens cell threads squarely onto the telescope tube.
It comes with the original dust cap for protection of the objective.
The dust cap has a solar aperture stop with its own cap.
The 130mm long removable dew shield has a felt lining at the base for easy sliding onto/off the lens cell.

The Vixen FL-scope design strikes a balance that allows rich field as well as high magnification solar system observation in a light weight grab-&-go portable package. See this review if more info is needed. http://scopeviews.co.uk/VixenFL80S.htm

Since owning the Vixen I Have replaced the stock focuser with the Vixen
7:1 dual speed focuser $372.00 ( I still have the original one)

OTA package includes the Vixen FL-80S OTA with split rings and vixen dovetail bar. 6x30mm 8° FOV finder of swiveling stalk type with 5 positions, M43-T2 adapter ring, and a Tenba Takahashi FS-78 case.

I use this setup in a number of ways. As a terrestrial spotting scope, as a 640 mm telephoto lens and at night, under the heavens.
Its light weight, portability, and superb optics, make the Vixen FL-80S (fluorite doublet) one of the very best 80 mm APO refractors that have ever been made...
On a par with the Takahashi FS-78,except the Vixen is in a smaller/ lighter package.

In excellent condition.

$1500.00 plus postage.

If interested, I also have the Baader Amici diagonal, Baader 8-24 Mark 4 zoom eyepiece, a red dot finder and a Universal Astronomics Dwarfstar mount 3.5-4 kg load (these mounts are no longer made)

If interested please PM
Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Vixen 80 FL.jpg)
39.9 KB249 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4214.JPG)
131.5 KB286 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4374.JPG)
88.4 KB150 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4375.JPG)
96.1 KB236 views
Click for full-size image (Picture 6.png)
54.4 KB174 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4380.JPG)
149.8 KB41 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4381.JPG)
106.1 KB48 views

Last edited by Digby; 14-12-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Price reduction
Old 21-11-2018, 07:12 PM
netwolf

Hi Digby nice scope, I have same scope but only a 1.25” visual back can you tell me any details on your 2” visual back? Trying to find one to buy so I can use a 2” diagonal.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Digby

Vixen FL-80S

Price reduction.