Old 22-10-2009, 10:52 AM
solissydney (Ken)

SLR's and Self Image

With my Canon 5D I tried to take a time exposure of myself with my scope after dark. It does not seem possible to do that without a remote Infra Red control button which the 5D does not have. I tried in various ways without success. The manual doesn't mention anything about a selection of a specific time in seconds, after the 10 seconds count down. Any thoughts on the subject?
Ken
Old 22-10-2009, 01:33 PM
solissydney (Ken)

SLR's and

Well, I knew I would work it out the solution sooner or late. The thing is not to mix up the exposure times when you have it set to manual, with something else, then simply set it to a exposure up to 30 sec. I know that you knew that all the time.
Out of interest, the timer remote button cord can be extended to at least 5 M, I found out.
Does the same cord, hanging from the camera in the focuser, annoy you by having the button on the wrong side? If yes, simply unscrew the two screws on the body and twist the cable over on the other side.
Ken