Old 23-07-2019, 05:36 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Eagle and Swan region

Had a short run last night playing with the high iso so here is a widefield at 25600 iso Nikon on unguided heq 5 mount dss startools photoshop gimp...it was better but I kept playing with it...and I don't have time to fix it.
But it does surprise me what 20 seconds at 25600 iso can do.
alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (eagleswanwi.jpg)
232.9 KB47 views
Old 23-07-2019, 08:42 AM
Mickoid (Michael)

There's plenty going on in that shot Alex. It's amazing the sensitivity that modern day cameras can achieve and it's good to push them to the limit to see if what they claim is of any use. I think you've proved that running your camera at such high ISO can produce a reasonable result. Good experiment!
Old 23-07-2019, 06:32 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickoid View Post
There's plenty going on in that shot Alex. It's amazing the sensitivity that modern day cameras can achieve and it's good to push them to the limit to see if what they claim is of any use. I think you've proved that running your camera at such high ISO can produce a reasonable result. Good experiment!
Thanks.
I did start with 1600 iso but it seemed really dark....different to other times.
What was interesting was shots I took of the bush and the dam ...really nice...but they are gone I had to do a factory reset of the phone..they are on a usb but you will have to take my word for it..I have been up since 4am and just now arrived back in Sydney.

I dont plan doing anything serious until the observatory is complete...but then I will have the 80mm and the eight running...still so much to do but it is coming along great.

I do think I can do much better with the high iso.

The shot here had no darks and I am thinking some very high some very low and layerering the two groups.

Anyways I am going back on a couple of fays and try and finish everything.
Alex