Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2018, 08:22 PM
leon

The Ultimate Hand Held Long Lens Support for only $60.00

Hi Guys

Unless one has a tripod it is very hard to hand hold a long lens of and take some decent photos.

Some are very heavy, some are quite long and unbalanced and some just don’t work well in the hand.

I have designed and constructed a lens support that will make it a breeze for any hand held shooting with most long Lens

This unit balances the Lens with the weight over your hand, (left or right) and the other at the controls of your Camera.

It is easily fitted to the Tripod Mount Ring of many long Lenses including Sigma 150-600mm, Canon 400mm, 500mm and-600mm just to name a couple.

If your Lens Tripod Mount Ring has one, preferably two mounting holes of 1/4 or 3/8” or one of each, this unit will work for you.

I have tested my Lens Holder on my Sigma 150-600mm and it makes holding this Lens a breeze with fantastic panning to any subject so easy.

Just move on to your next location when ready, and simply turn the Lens with Holder up side down and carry it, or attach a suitable strap (not supplied) and sling it over your shoulder with the two attachments supplied..

The Lens is easily carried in this way especially with the long holder attached.

As mentioned I have personally made these at home and have made just eight to see if there was any interest for such a device, and if they sell I will be in the market to make more.

They are well constructed and feel good in the hand with a solid grip, are made of Aluminum and wood, with quality fittings, and mounting bolts will also be supplied, as will fitting suggestions and instructions.

After adding up the materials bought and used and the time spent putting it all together, plus the postal cost which will be included I would be selling these for $60.00 delivered to your door.

Please note these are not factory made, however look and feel really good, and I am happy to supply these in relation to your particular Lens and it’s Tripod Mounting Holes.

Please PM me if anyone would be interested
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (a.jpg)
122.9 KB153 views
Click for full-size image (b.jpg)
128.7 KB128 views
Click for full-size image (c.jpg)
108.3 KB151 views
Click for full-size image (d.jpg)
116.7 KB118 views
Click for full-size image (e.jpg)
175.6 KB157 views
Click for full-size image (f.jpg)
135.5 KB189 views
Click for full-size image (g.jpg)
133.5 KB145 views
Click for full-size image (h.jpg)
146.7 KB139 views
Old 07-07-2018, 05:04 PM
leon

Ah well that is the way it goes, however if you try an photograph a bird at 500mm and hand hold your lens see how you go,

Attach this and be surprised and know what i mean
Anyway it gives me some thing to do in the shed.

Leon

Thanks for looking anyway

Leon
Old 10-07-2018, 08:45 PM
rogerco (Roger)
Roger

I can remember back in the seventies the Russians (Zorki or Zenith I think) made a rifle grip like this, it even had a the trigger operating a cable release for the camera. Great idea, hope you sell a few.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:10 PM
astronobob (Bob)
Casual Cosmos Capturer

Hey Leon, I reckon this is a very cool piece of kit, your workmanship look top-notch aswell !
Have you shown this to Suzy Webb, she has the exact same lens for her plane-spotting if my memory serves, not sure if she prefers or uses a tripod, but I reckon this could be a great alternative for her ?
All the best, Leon ..
Old 11-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Hi Bob, thank you so much for thinking me.
My lens at 300mm has image stabilizer and I have problem holding it and getting sharp shots, so I'm good. I need a tripod ring tho is what I need badly to help balance it better. This would be good for 400mm and up wouldn't it. Looks a great piece of equipment you've made there Leon.
Old 27-07-2018, 03:44 PM
leon

Sorry i did not respond to your posts until now thank you for your kind words.
It seems no one is really interested, I am willing to drop the price to $50.00 delivered
Please PM if you are interested.

Leon
Old 29-07-2018, 04:14 PM
GodsPetMonkey

Brilliant idea, PM sent!

ps. I reckon you'd find a steady interest amoung wildlife and airshow aficionados.
Old 30-07-2018, 01:46 PM
leon

We will see Sam, I have answered your PM, thank you.

Leon
Old 02-08-2018, 08:19 AM
leon

Well Guys two of theses sold yesterday, I have made plenty in advance however will make these suited to your Tripod Mount Ring on your lens, if you so desire.

The price has been reduced to $50.00, a bargain for quality workmanship a must have device for any serious birder or wildlife photographer

Just have another look at the advertisement and have a think, the price has BEEN REDUCED TO ONLY $50.00 delivered to your door

Leon

Last edited by leon; 02-08-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:48 AM
PCH (Paul)

Hey Leon,

Just because there's not been much response here, don't let that sway your belief in your product. It's a great idea! Why not approach a local camera store to see if they would sell them for you. I'm sure they'd fetch more than $50 each selling from such a targeted location. Just a thought
Old 02-08-2018, 01:46 PM
leon

Thanks Paul,
It is funny you say that, I did actually consider doing something like that, and i was going to approach the Camera House in Rockhampton.
This is only early days and two people have picked up the idea, I do reckon it will take off eventually.

Leon