Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2020, 07:34 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophe View Post
xelasnave

Your much vaunted science is simply made up of the latest theories which have currency at this moment in time. It bears no relationship to what is really out there. To find out about that, you would need to put your crass materialism aside and look within yourself....the Universe is within.

P.S. Sorry, I don't know how to quote a members name (to avoid having to quote a long post), when replying.
I suspect the word theory has only lay mans meaning to you..in science it has special meaning..you should read what I suggested..if you want to learn about science rather than casually dismiss it..I suspect dismissal is what you are about given your reference to "crass materialism" which can only mean one thing I suspect.

But the neat thing is you can take all science away and that does not prove supernatural wins....Looking inside myself has nothing to do with establishing Evolution as a scientific fact, it is a fact irrespective of what I do...nor will looking inside myself change the Theory of General Relativity ..actually just how does one look inside oneself..I guess one would need scientific equipment...and to say the Universe is within is the sort of incorrect observation only a true non scientist could say...clearly the Universe is not within even if to say such a thing sounds cool to you it is simply misinformed and demonstratable wrong..materialism has the enjoyable aspect of not making such nonsensical statements ... so you must be a troll given you avoided my questions..a common trait with folk who see science as the enemy.

Really what was your motive for your post ? Stir up mainstreamers? Stir up materialists?

Theory in science is like saying 100% fact ..it is not just some casual idea.

So you could say " your much vaunted science is simply made up of the latest FACTS

When they say Theory of Evolution...you may as well say "The Fact of Evolution" when you say The theory of General Relativity you may as well say the FACTS that are covered by General Relativity... mind you I am waiting for the Big Bang Theory to come up with better facts that will clearly demonstrate the Universe is eternal and any Big Bang event was cyclical and that there was never a creation point that some folk try to write into the Big Bang...which is wrong because the Big Bang Theory only deals with the evolution of the universe from a hot dense state it says nothing of what came before..the popular thought is before was a "quantum foam" which is reasonable as we are not required to wonder how the Universe could come from nothing...now all speculation in this area is only ideas..not theory... Theory is like saying rock solid fact and of course what caused the Big Bang can only be speculation.

Seriously learn what the word Theory means means. And perhaps how theories are so much more than a casual unsupported idea ... like say your "universe is within" thing.
And no need to feel defensive...I can come over as aggressive and sincerely I wish that was not the case.
So why did you make the post?

Alex
Old 27-11-2020, 05:35 AM
Astrophe (John)

Alex, let me assure you that you do not come across as aggressive...not in the least.

Science deals entirely with the physical world, so it can have nothing to say about the super-physical worlds, which, being unmeasurable, are excluded from consideration. These worlds...the non physical....are causal and the physical world we see around us, is the result of causes initiated there....i.e. on other planes of existence. So from this we see that it is pointless to ascribe causal qualities to physical matter, it (physical matter) being the result, not the cause of what we see around us.

The message here is....don't be deluded by appearances...the manifested world is an appearance (an apparent reality), or to put it another way, a virtual reality.
Old 27-11-2020, 08:01 AM
RB (Andrew)

I went back this morning and took the blue pill.
Ignorance is bliss....

These topics are beyond the scope and reality of IIS forums.

Thanks
RB
Closed Thread