Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2019, 12:25 PM
glend (Glen)

ZWO ASI1600MM-C Series 1

I have decided to part with my wonderful ASI1600MM-C. I bought this camera in June 2016 when they were first released, and it has been been busy during that time. I literally have hundreds of hours of image files acquired through this little camera, and it is still as good as the day I received it. The TEC cooling still performs like new. I have cleaned the sensor compartment a couple of times, and replaced the dessicant pills at the same time. It comes with the Series 1 heater attached, although I have rarely used it. It has a single USB3 port for the camera cable and does not have the hub built in as on the later Pro models. This has never been an issue for me as I ran a MBeat powered hub for the filter wheel anyway - and I like keeping traffic off that USB3 cable. There is a small hint of surface rust on the fan screen in the back, but that could easily be buffed off, or the screen replaced if you wish. Complete as shown, with all the original bits in the original box. I can include a AC/12V DC power supply if you wish but the cable has a splice in it, so maybe buying a new one from Bintel ($39) is a better idea. It can run off battery as well.

This camera should be good for hundreds of more imaging hours for a new owner. Photos are attached below.

My reason for selling? I have simply the lost mono RGB / narrowband motivation since I completed imaging all of the emissions nebula in the Sourthern Hemisphere last year.

I am asking $950, and if you think that is not a bargain, have a look at the price for a new one. If your interested, PM me here on IIS. I will ship to you anywhere in Australia, but I will need your post details to quote that additional cost. I would suggest insuring it as well. Of course you can pick it up at Lake Macquarie NSW, or we could meet up somewhere on the Central Coast.
Any questions PM me.
Thanks for looking.
Glen
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF1967.jpg)
173.7 KB25 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1968.jpg)
215.0 KB26 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1969.jpg)
211.1 KB23 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1971.jpg)
162.9 KB29 views

Last edited by glend; 05-02-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:42 PM
MortonBay (Jurgen)

PM sent
Old 05-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Loupy31 (Peter)
Invented the Four Track

So its not the pro version
Old 05-02-2019, 04:32 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loupy31 View Post
So its not the pro version
I thought I was clear about that. This is the original version, the only differences are in the onboard 2 port hub in the Pro and different dessicant holder. The sensor is the same, the cooling is the same, the firmware drivers are the same, etc, etc. The Pro was released to keep up with changes that QHY introduced in their version, from a sensor spec and performance perspective all ASI1600MM-Cs are the same.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Loupy31 (Peter)
Invented the Four Track

Ok, I wasn't aware of that., thx for that info