Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 25-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Hemi

AZEQ6 with ADM MAX GUIDER AIMING DEVICE

Dear Members,

There are a few cloudy night threads on this mount in AZ dual ota mode. The problem is getting both scopes to align to the same target. Mostly along the lines of can’t really be done easily. Need to shim etc.
The second saddle which fits on the counter weight bar can be adjusted in alt but not az.
I was browsing the adm site and found this

https://www.admaccessories.com/produ...etail-version/

Seems like a neat solution for the right scope...mine would be a es102 cf which is about 3.5 kg so well within the 15lb limit stated. The main scope is a c925.

Would be a great visual set up! Am I missing something? Would it work? Your comments as always would be appreciated.

Cheers

H
Old 25-02-2019, 08:08 PM
JimsShed (Jim)

Hemi that's a nice looking piece of hardware but too pricey for me just to get a bit of az adjustment. I regularly have my ED80 on the bar and the c925 as the main scope, and I have to say the az alignment is not perfect, but nothing that bugs me.
Old 25-02-2019, 08:18 PM
The_bluester (Paul)

I am generally using mine in EQ mode now so I am not dual mounting scopes, but when I did I did not find the lack of azimuth adjustment much of an issue. I tended to have an SCT at one end and a relatively widefield refractor at the other so the FOV tended to overlap pretty well.

Handy looking gadget though.
Old 25-02-2019, 08:24 PM
JimsShed (Jim)

On the other hand, it's got me thinking of ideas to make an az adjustable saddle for my mount and more importantly, yet another reason to buy a milling machine (YES!)
Old 25-02-2019, 09:37 PM
Hemi

Thanks Guys,
Agreed, it’s a bit pricey! Too pricey for what is.
I’ve only ever used it in single ota AZ or EQ. so will give it a whirl. Looking at the stock SW machining on my mount though i assumed, like the threads on CN suggested, that the scopes would be out by some margin in AZ and never bothered. What I would like to do is compare planetary views side by side where fov is going to be tight, hence the need for good alignment. Another cool use would be for sketching, having differing powers concurrently. If you machine one Jim, I would definitely be a buyer!

Cheers

H