Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2018, 10:57 AM
OzEclipse (Joe Cali)

SkySafari for iOS is now a free download!

Received this notification from Simulation Curriculum Software

Share with your Friends and Social Media
Tell your friends that SkySafari is now a free download! Then take a moment to give the app some stars or write a review in the App store. It really helps ensure we can continue to provide amazing astronomy apps.

About SkySafari
SkySafari is a powerful planetarium that fits in your pocket, puts the universe at your fingertips, and is incredibly easy to use! Simply hold your device to the sky and quickly locate planets, constellations, satellites, and millions of stars and deep sky objects. Packed with interactive information and rich graphics, discover why SkySafari is your perfect stargazing companion under the night sky...for free!!!

Link to Facebook page

https://tinyurl.com/yahpo5tl

Link to free download on iTunes Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skys...6/id1257281849

Sky Safari 5 available on Google Play store for for Android users.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ysafari5&hl=en

Sky Safari 6 for Android will be available around the end of June.

No commercial affiliation, just a satisfied user!

Joe
Old 02-06-2018, 11:46 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Free but offers in app purchases, ie it's only limited it aint really free unless you want the absolute basic usage
Old 02-06-2018, 11:37 PM
btschumy (Bill Tschumy)
Southern Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Free but offers in app purchases, ie it's only limited it aint really free unless you want the absolute basic usage
The free app has exactly the same capabilities as the previous version that was $2.99. We have added some additional in app purchases that add new functionality.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:36 AM
astro744

Quote:
Originally Posted by btschumy View Post
The free app has exactly the same capabilities as the previous version that was $2.99. We have added some additional in app purchases that add new functionality.
Thanks for the fee app as I was looking for something for my daughter to match my paid version. Looks nice except for the white info marker which had me wondering this morning why I saw two moons near Mars this morning and I don't mean it's own moons. The white info dot looks like our moon and just another object on the map.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:14 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

its an awesome app and the paid features are things I never use myself with the full paid version i've used for years. free or paid you end up getting spammed a lot either way to buy what you've youve already bought, pretty crappy business practices i feel. Its probably the most powerful and versatile app and easy to use on iphone as well as on ipad, I find nothing restrictive about moving to the smaller screen. At least its not one of these paid apps that still shove ads into it anyway.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:28 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Just installed it, pretty ok, almost identical to Sky Portal in layout and operation. Good graphics. How do you turn the droning music off ?