Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 16-10-2018, 09:41 AM
alval (Alan)

If you need the inner surface black, bunnings have rolls of black self adhesive felt in the aisle with surface protectors, used for draw liners as well. Sticks well to plastic and doesnt reflect much. I’ve added a picture of the jacket I made. The black is the self adhesive felt used to reinforce cut edges. Didnt need to cover the lot because I have a separate dew/stop annoying streetlight shield which is lined with the felt.
Al
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DFBFA0CA-4E87-4974-9062-11AEAF85DF42.jpeg)
123.3 KB18 views
Old 18-10-2018, 01:57 PM
AG Hybrid (Adrian)
A Friendly Nyctophiliac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavytone View Post
Adrian, Black 2.0 is very fragile - I have a bottle and tried a bit last week - it won't stand any wear and tear so really only suitable for the inside of an OTA.

Coreflute being plastic, I wouldn't expect paints to adhere to it well - but spray contact adhesive did, well enough, and failing anything else I'd suggest bonding something to it before you cut it up.

Things I'd consider range from black paper (art suppliers such as Eckersly's) to a black fabric (felt, linen or even silk - from Spotlight).

I resorted to 3mm black foam only because I had a roll lying around.
Think maybe a light sanding might help? Although just thinking about it. I already have a dew shield made from EVA 75 for my MAK. Maybe Ill just put some of the Coreflute over that or use the current dew shield as liner.

This could work out.