Old 16-04-2010, 10:12 AM
telecasterguru (Frank)
Have scope will travel!

QHY9 CFW and Nebulosity

My QHY9 arrives this afternoon and was wondering about whether the cfw can be controlled by nebulosity as this is the capture software that I want to use.

Thanks

Frank
Old 16-04-2010, 01:16 PM
marki
Waiting for next electron

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecasterguru View Post
My QHY9 arrives this afternoon and was wondering about whether the cfw can be controlled by nebulosity as this is the capture software that I want to use.

Thanks

Frank
That depends on whether the program will accept ascom drivers or not. I seem to remember reading some troubles with this program in respect to the QHY9 on the QHY forum. Not totally sure though. Still you can use the capture program that come with the camera which is simple and easy to operate. I use the ascom drivers with MaximDl and have had no real problems getting it up and running.

Mark
Old 16-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Hagar (Doug)

Hi Frank, I haven't been able to get the filterwheel working with Nebulosity either and have now settled on using MaximDL as my capture software. It handles the filterwheel way better than nebulosity and automated multi filter capture is much easier. There has been quite a bit on the QHY forum and also the Stark Labs Yahoo group, It may be worth following up there.
Old 19-04-2010, 09:11 AM
telecasterguru (Frank)
Have scope will travel!

I got the filterwheel working in nebulosity over the weekend but only manually. Had to change the filter in the software between sets of images but that was no big deal. Will work on automated filter wheel during the week.

Frank
Old 19-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Hagar (Doug)

Hi Frank, If you have the filterwheel working manually you are one up on me so far. I think you will have to use the Nebulosity scripting tool to automate the process any further.

Good luck with it all.
Old 19-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Phil Hart

i have no problem using QHY filter wheel from Nebulosity using system drivers (not ASCOM).

maxim on the other hand does not like my computer.. everything behaves badly when i try to use that..