Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 26-02-2012, 08:50 PM
mr bruess
Stargazer who Posts

Wikileaks confirms existence of aliens?

This new cable was leaked in 2010 but was Released on wikileaks recently
http://wikileaks.org/cable/2010/01/10DUSHANBE82.html#
cable 10DUSHANBE82, MAYOR MEETS AMBASSADOR, CONFIRMS EXTRATERRESTRIAL LIFE

Here is the excerpt from the conversation which has the lines about aliens which may prove that life exists outside earth.
Paragraph ¶2.
On January 13 Ambassador called on Dushanbe Mayor and Chairman of the upper house of Parliament Mahmadsaid Ubaidulloev at his parliamentary office. The Mayor began the meeting with a lengthy discourse on Afghanistan, thanking the United States for its contributions and sacrifices there, and saying that U.S. activities there were very important “as we enter the third millennium and the 21st century.” Ubaidulloev thought the main task there was to build a sense of national identity among ethnically disparate groups, and said the United States was an example for this. He noted that “war is very dangerous”, and said we know there is life on other planets, but we must make peace here first.

I believe that there must be life elsewhere in the Universe and that we can't be the only lifeform in the Universe.There are billions upon billions of stars and galaxies and the probability of other life must be a certainty.

To say and believe that we are the only Lifeform in the Universe is like saying that the sun revolves around the earth and that we are the centre of the universe which is plain backward ancient thinking.
With the Kepler spacecraft discovering so many planets around other stars or suns it must bound to discover one in the “habitable zone”.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (aaaawikileaks-extraterrestrials-confirmedb.jpg)
12.6 KB29 views

Last edited by mr bruess; 27-02-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 26-02-2012, 08:59 PM
ballaratdragons (Ken)
The 'DRAGON MAN'

It doesn't sound like anything secretive has been leaked.

It sounds like a very generalistic comment.

Probably 90% of people would agree that there must be life on other planets, 'somewhere'.
Old 27-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Jules76 (Julian)
I just point it at stuff

I agree that's the way I read it too. It's not like he's saying, "We know there is life on other planets....<insert proof here>". Just a very generalised comment.
Old 27-02-2012, 08:51 PM
rainwatcher (Peter)

Bloody good thing too, if we can convince a few of the alien freaks to come down and join Julian Ass he will have a quorum in his exclusive off the planet club.
Old 27-02-2012, 09:49 PM
ballaratdragons (Ken)
The 'DRAGON MAN'

Geez Mr. Bruess, is your Signature area big enough?
Would you like to petition the Admin for a bit more space?

Takes up half the page
Old 28-02-2012, 08:20 PM
mr bruess
Stargazer who Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaratdragons View Post
Geez Mr. Bruess, is your Signature area big enough?
Would you like to petition the Admin for a bit more space?

Takes up half the page
LOL (Laugh Out Loud)
You gotta have a sense of humour.
laughter is good medicine.
Old 28-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Ausrock (Chris)

Yep, I'm afraid that anything Wikiweaks has to offer is too suspect for my liking............

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwatcher View Post
Bloody good thing too, if we can convince a few of the alien freaks to come down and join Julian Ass he will have a quorum in his exclusive off the planet club.
Old 28-03-2012, 01:24 AM
lone77star (Carl)
Alpha Centauri Bound

More than Goldilocks Zone...

You need more than a planet at the right distance (Goldilocks zone). Of course, you need a planet of about the right mass. Jupiter-like would prove to be too massive to be habitable, but it might have a moon similar to our Earth. And a small rock wouldn't be able to hold an atmosphere.

But there are two other considerations to guide us in our search:
  1. Age (the star needs to be at least about 3 billion years old)
  2. Chemistry (the star, and thus planets, need to be chemically rich in order to supply all the elements needed for complex life)
The picture link, below, gives an idea of some of the stars near our own which are both ancient and chemically rich. I call these the "garden spots" of the galaxy. In the picture, they have the olive green diamonds bracketing them. Our sun (Sol) has the white diamond. This is a screen shot from the 3D astronomy software, "Stars in the NeighborHood." I've added the red labels for clarity's sake.

The reason why age matters is because very young star systems still have too much debris. The planets are still forming and thus being bombarded.... "Today's weather calls for heavy meteor showers."

Picture Link

Last edited by lone77star; 28-03-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: changed pix to link since pix didn't show
Old 28-03-2012, 01:45 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausrock View Post
Yep, I'm afraid that anything Wikiweaks has to offer is too suspect for my liking............
Strange, I've never heard of anything reported there that sounds unbelievable, though I'm sure in any exercise of this kind some misinformation would leak (pardon the pun) through. In this area QA can't be perfect. Most of what I've heard is either frank opinions about certain pollies expressed by other pollies or bureaucrats or confirmation that the powers that be are doing exactly the sort of reprehensible things we suspected they were doing.

Of course shooting (or in Manning's case torturing) the messenger is a time-honoured tradition....
Old 28-03-2012, 07:14 PM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bruess View Post
LOL (Laugh Out Loud)
I pmsl at the thought of you thinking that you needed to explain LOL... lmao...

OIC!