Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Observational and Visual Astronomy
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2016, 07:22 PM
Phil Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF View Post
The new map interface appears to only got out to +12hrs now?
Would be SO helpful to have 3 (or even 5) days out. The old animated ACCESS maps were helpful before a long trip to figure out what cloud might be blowing your way, even at lowest res.

Any chance of getting back at least 24/48/72hr buttons (or am I missing something)?
The maps still go forward 72 hours which is the full range of the ACCESS-R (Regional) models. The 12/6/3 links at the bottom of the maps are to increment the time forward in those steps. Have another look and let us know..

Phil
Old 05-04-2016, 09:13 PM
RobF (Rob)
Mostly harmless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by philiphart View Post
The maps still go forward 72 hours which is the full range of the ACCESS-R (Regional) models. The 12/6/3 links at the bottom of the maps are to increment the time forward in those steps. Have another look and let us know..

Phil
Thanks Phil. Appreciate those pointers - not smart enough to figure that out myself
Old 05-04-2016, 10:00 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
The new map interface appears to only got out to +12hrs now?
Would be SO helpful to have 3 (or even 5) days out. The old animated ACCESS maps were helpful before a long trip to figure out what cloud might be blowing your way, even at lowest res.

Any chance of getting back at least 24/48/72hr buttons (or am I missing something)?
I think you just need to keep pushing the hour buttons. 12hr doesn't quite mean go to +12hr but +12hr from last position.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:03 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
I think you just need to keep pushing the hour buttons. 12hr doesn't quite mean go to +12hr but +12hr from last position.
Don't even need to push buttons. Just slide the map sideways for time change or up and down for different map types. It's all under the help button with the question mark.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:05 AM
RobF (Rob)
Mostly harmless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Don't even need to push buttons. Just slide the map sideways for time change or up and down for different map types. It's all under the help button with the question mark.
Thanks for your help too Marc.

Hang on, I thought you were a software guru - you're not saying we should actually read the instructions are you??
Old 06-04-2016, 07:47 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Thanks for your help too Marc.

Hang on, I thought you were a software guru - you're not saying we should actually read the instructions are you??
well... I did rtfm this time.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Sorry I'm late to the party. Just wanted to add my kudos. This is fantastic!

Now, this may seem a bit redundant, but, do you have any plans to release an actual app for iOS?

I'd pay for it.

H
Old 08-04-2016, 06:20 PM
wastro (Robert)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
Sorry I'm late to the party. Just wanted to add my kudos. This is fantastic!

Now, this may seem a bit redundant, but, do you have any plans to release an actual app for iOS?

I'd pay for it.

H
The CFN website experience on a mobile device is actually quite amazing, once you have worked out all the navigation/swiping options. But, there are currently no plans to release a CFN app. You could always contribute to the running costs of the CFN service.
Old 13-04-2016, 01:33 PM
wastro (Robert)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastro View Post
Cloud Free Night (www.cloudfreenight.com) has been updated with a completely re-designed interface optimised on both the desktop and mobile device. Satellite (Himawari-8) imagery has also been added to complement the model forecast maps and meteograms. Feedback most welcome.
Cloud Free Night now has a Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Cloud-Free-...9994404198839/ where updates will be posted. Feedback through this page is most welcome.