Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 12-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Ian Robinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugnsuz View Post
Not Quite!!!!!!!!
Returned front filter to Hong Kong dealer, but have to make up the balance of $310HK for the 72mm filter.
Unfortunately, plummeting money markets means that 310 will cost me a bit more than it would have a month ago when this crap started!!!!

(That's me!)
Doug
Ouch !!! surely the AUD will start recovering some of that lost ground soon since the Oz economy got a good rap recently and we seem to be doing OK cf everyone else.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 AM
Phoenix (Steve)
Happy Sensing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugnsuz View Post
Had to purchase a 67-72mm step up ring to get it to fit on my 70-200mm f4L lens ($10 from ebay) and another on the way to try out on my nifty fifty!
One downside - a 72mm filter collects dew quickly!!!
Hi Doug, I know this is an older thread but I'm keen to know whether the hood that comes with the canon 70-200 f/4 lens will still fit around the 67-72mm step up ring to minimise dew on the lps 72mm filter you purchased in the end. Im looking to use the same lens set up with a hutech 40D and your original post on the problems you had with the lps front filter system is most valuable - thanks.

Cheers Steve