Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 12-06-2016, 04:40 PM
LightningNZ (Cam)

Purchasing a Polemaster in Aus

Hi Everyone,

Time I dipped into the wallet again, this time for a Polemaster. Can anyone suggest the best way to purchase one in Australia? It seems that Peter Tan Astro www.tan14.com is the cheapest but the site isn't exactly brimming with information on how to do the transaction. Can anyone with experience buying from Peter comment please?

The other option is Gama Electronics but I'm looking at $50 more. I've never bought anything from them either, so again, any comments?

Thanks,
Cam
Old 12-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Rigel003 (Graeme)

I bought mine from Cyclops Optics in HK who have a wide range of adapters, even some they've developed themselves. Very professional website with detailed descriptions and links to manuals and software. Reliable and responsive to queries and free shipping to Australia. You can pay through Paypal if you like. Buying locally is a good option too.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:11 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

I bought mine off of Theo at Gama Electronics last week, that extra $50 that you end up paying here is most likely nothing more than the GST. How much is postage going to cost getting it from over seas?

I'd say just stay local, it can be easier in the long run especially if you run into any issues (they can happen!).

FYI, used it on my HEQ5 this evening, even after shifting it (had a tree in the way so it is probably not quite level anymore) it still kept Mars in the eye piece (4.5mm) after walking away for over an hour.
Old 13-06-2016, 12:13 PM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Best thing about dealing with Theo is the support side of things. I've not had call to correspond with him for years (2011), but when I did have a question / concern he was right there for me.

OIC!
Old 13-06-2016, 04:01 PM
Larryp (Laurie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICURMT View Post
Best thing about dealing with Theo is the support side of things. I've not had call to correspond with him for years (2011), but when I did have a question / concern he was right there for me.

OIC!
Theo's support is first rate!
Old 16-06-2016, 09:21 PM
LightningNZ (Cam)

Thanks everyone! Gama Electronics it is.