Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2017, 03:32 PM
mariner10 (Steve)
Mariner10

Orion starshoot auto guider

Hi,
I've been using PHD 1 (and sometimes 2) as the program to use with my Orion starshoot autoguider but since replacing my old computer I can't get the laptop to communicate with the guider.
The new laptop has Windows 10 on it, I've downloaded the drivers for the autoguider, downloaded both PHD 1 & 2 (three times) but the camera isn't being recognised.
Is anybody else having this issue and if so can you tell me what the solution is please? Alternatively is there other guiding software that will work with the starshoot camera?
Thanks.

Steve
Old 01-01-2017, 05:09 PM
Robert9 (Robert)

Very strange Steve. I have no problems with WIN 10 on my lappy using the latest driver. I know this is a silly question but after downloading the drivers have you done the actual installation? Have you seen these instruction?
http://www.telescope.com/assets/prod...N022_02-16.pdf
Robert
Old 01-01-2017, 11:17 PM
chuckywiz (Ben)

What usb style port are you using. Usb3.0 had heaps of issues but isb 2.0 no issues at all.

Im just using standard drivers off their webpage. I think the deal was to install the drivers before connecting the autoguider. It should auto recognise

Ben
Old 02-01-2017, 12:44 PM
mariner10 (Steve)
Mariner10

Orion autoguider

Hi Rob and Ben,
Thanks for the tips guys and the link Rob. I'll have a look at it to make sure I've done it properly.
The new laptop has three USB ports, two USB3 and one USB2, I tried all of them but it's something I'll keep in the back of my mind for future reference.
The previous laptop had Win10 on it and I didn't have any issues either. I have read other blogs where people have had issues with Win10 and the Orion autoguider, seems to be a bit of hit and miss.
Cheers.

Steve.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Retrograde (Pete)
a.k.a. @AstroscapePete

Hi Steve,

I am using a starshoot autoguider successfully with phd2.
I believe it might be important in which order to load the drivers. I'm not 100% sure of the details now but I think I loaded Starshoot Ascom drivers first followed by the SSAG drivers but when I first loaded them in a different order I couldn't connect to the camera.

Good luck!
Old 03-02-2017, 03:38 PM
area51 (Anthony)

Auto guider win 10

Gidday, i have the same setup and i loaded PHD2 and the new drivers first then hooked up the camera with windows 10 and have had no probs. Didnt go near the disc it came with. It also may only work in the original USB port you chose? So just check that?
Cheers Tony