Old 24-09-2019, 02:05 PM
Ant0nio (Tony)
Quid Clarius Astris

Various Nebulae

Cloudy again in SE Qld so processing some recent captures:
Western Veil/NGC6960~WilliamOptics FLT98@F5, 8x600sec, 12x300sec Binned 2x2.
Helix~ ED127 @ F7.5, 30x300sec
M27~ ED127 @ F7.5, 12x600sec Binned 2x2
M1~ C8 @ F10, 12x600 sec Binned 2x2
Acquired & stacked with Nebulosity IV using SBIG 8300C, final processing with Photoshop CS2, guiding with PHD.
I'm reasonably happy with the Veil & Helix, M27 & M1 need more time spent & I definitely would not recommend imaging @ F10 but I don't regret it, I may even do it again.
Comments & feedback welcome as always.
Cheers,
Tony
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC6960 600x8 300x12 Binned Resized FS.jpg)
199.9 KB269 views
Click for full-size image (Helix 300x30.jpg)
177.8 KB261 views
Click for full-size image (M27 600x12 RGB Master Cropped Clr Bal 2 Binned copy.jpg)
199.9 KB240 views
Click for full-size image (M1 600x12 Binned.jpg)
186.3 KB300 views
Old 24-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Saturnine (Jeff)

That's a fine set of images of more northern objects, apart from the Helix of course. Being only 26* S helps with them being a little higher above the northern horizon. Nice shots regardless.
Old 24-09-2019, 05:02 PM
casstony

Very nice Tony, good to see another Veil in the beginners forum. Your Crab image has me rethinking my C11 sale; I haven't tried it for planetaries but it might do a good job. I've been busy imaging other things.
Old 24-09-2019, 05:19 PM
RyanJones

Nice work Tony,

As Casstony said, I’m a little bit jealous of some of the things you can image in the more northern states. I’d love to be able to catch me a crab and also veil. Nice collection there. Well done !
Old 24-09-2019, 07:26 PM
Merckx (James)

Really enjoyable to view Tony, well done!
Old 24-09-2019, 10:09 PM
Zubenel (Wes)
Awe and Wonder

Love the Veil shot! I'm struggling with processing my attempt . Good to see successes happening
Old 25-09-2019, 12:33 AM
Ant0nio (Tony)
Quid Clarius Astris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
That's a fine set of images of more northern objects, apart from the Helix of course. Being only 26* S helps with them being a little higher above the northern horizon. Nice shots regardless.
Thanks Jeff, my latitude should be an advantage but my view to the North is limited to about 22 deg Alt, I've been trimming the top of my neighbors hedge inch by inch at night over a couple of weeks & voila~ the Veil

Quote:
Originally Posted by casstony View Post
Very nice Tony, good to see another Veil in the beginners forum. Your Crab image has me rethinking my C11 sale; I haven't tried it for planetaries but it might do a good job. I've been busy imaging other things.
Thanks Tony, your low altitude images of Northern objects inspired the Veil. I noticed you withdrew the C11, I think you'll be surprised with what you can do even at F10. The biggest challenge is guiding, an OAG would be much better than the guide scope setup I'm using needless to say a focal reducer would come in handy also. I have a couple more images with the C8 up my sleeve which I'm processing atm. Btw I was sorely tempted to buy your C11, I think I'm coming down with aperture fever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJones View Post
Nice work Tony,

As Casstony said, I’m a little bit jealous of some of the things you can image in the more northern states. I’d love to be able to catch me a crab and also veil. Nice collection there. Well done !
Thank you Ryan, I think the Crab & a few others will gain some altitude yet so you should still be able to have a crack at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckx View Post
Really enjoyable to view Tony, well done!
Thank you James, that's very encouraging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubenel View Post
Love the Veil shot! I'm struggling with processing my attempt . Good to see successes happening
Thanks Wes, I know what you mean re; the Veil, I ended up part processing it in Nebulosity using DDP & just tweaked it a bit with Photoshop, it looks like our run of good weather might be over perhaps.

Cheers to all & thanks for the positive feedback .
Tony
Old 25-09-2019, 10:50 AM
casstony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant0nio View Post
….. I think you'll be surprised with what you can do even at F10. The biggest challenge is guiding, an OAG would be much better than the guide scope setup I'm using needless to say a focal reducer would come in handy also. I have a couple more images with the C8 up my sleeve which I'm processing atm. Btw I was sorely tempted to buy your C11, I think I'm coming down with aperture fever.
I've got unstable skies most of the time so I think the only chance I've got with the C11 is to target the brightest planetaries and keep exposures short. If it doesn't work out the scope will be on the chopping block again
Old 25-09-2019, 02:52 PM
ChrisV (Chris)

That's an awesome collection. Really like the Veil and Crab !
Old 25-09-2019, 11:20 PM
Ant0nio (Tony)
Quid Clarius Astris

Thanks Chris
Old 26-09-2019, 03:22 AM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

These are absolutely stunning Tony! Like a mixed bag of goodies it's hard to pick a favourite, but that veil is something special. Well captured and beautifully processed.