Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 15-08-2019, 08:20 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Ancient unknown civilizations

I have been looking at the possiblity of there being a civilization that was wiped out approx 11000 years ago due to a massive sea level rise caused by a possible cosmic impact in North American.
The interesting thing is so many cultures have in their history a great flood. And although it is probable that any flood was not like the biblical flood it certainly seems from the ice cores a sea level rise of 30 feet within 24 hours did occur followed by a further rise of 400 feet over the following year or two...that could hide an earlier civilization ..if that happened to us it would mean places like New York and London would be 400 feet under water and covered by heaps of silt for folk looking 10,000 years from now.
So have you looked at this proposition at all...
The proposal is that a comet hit North America and that caused the sea to rise..there is a possible crator but as it is under a lot of ice they have not dated it as yet..but if that crator is dated at approx 12000 years ago it is clear that our history is different to that we have believed.
Have you looked at the possibility that a civilization existed and wiped out 12000 years ago.
It certainly seems most cultures talk of a flood which may suggest there is something to the findings of a dramatic sea level rise.
If the crator turns out to be 12000 years old will put history need to be rewritten?
Alex
Old 16-08-2019, 12:32 AM
billdan (Bill)

There is the story of the Lost City of Atlantis, but I think that's fictional and not based on fact.
Old 16-08-2019, 06:16 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

It's all a myth. Humans can't be civilised.
Old 16-08-2019, 06:16 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdan View Post
There is the story of the Lost City of Atlantis, but I think that's fictional and not based on fact.
Yes ...the story was told by Plato who apparently was told by one of his ancestors and I think he had it that the story was handed down over many generations and originally came from an Eygptian priest.

There are folk who think of Atlantis as an island that went under the sea..regarding it from myth to fact … but there are others who use the term Atlantians to loosely describe what they believe was a world wide somewhat advanced civilization that was wiped out by the supposed comet impact of approx. 12000 years ago.

There is a great deal of material on the net and I find it most interesting and certainly has me wondering if there could have been a civilization that is now hidden mostly by 400 feet of water and 10,000 odd years of fading away.

Most of this stuff was considered rat bag but there was a paper in Nature of all places that perhaps took the matter to another level.

I will try and find a reasonable vid from youtube and post it..the one I am thinking of is not too bad ..although as with most of these things folk get a little too heavily invested and can make little leaps where they really should not.

Even if the comet crator they have found fits the time line these folk follow more evidence is needed to establish the ancient civilization aspect.

One common feature of those views is that both the Sphinx and the Pyramids were not built by the Eygptians and that they merely took them over at some stage. And on this aspect it is interesting that the Eygiptians made no recording of them building the Pyramids...and also that notwithstanding common belief that they were tombs it seems no bobies have been found in any pyramid...the tombs are from the valley of the Kings ..

The proposition has been put forward that the Sphinx is some 12000 years old and that is because the water erosion at the sides of the enclosure could only have occurred when the climate was such that the rain would provided the water necessary to effect the erosion observed.

I find it all very interesting now that I have looked at many videos and sifted through what is hard evidence and what is supposition.

I do think the fact most cultures have a big flood story is interesting and if there was a flood it may be the sea level rise apparently recorded in the ice cores.

alex

Younger Dryas impact hypothesis
The Younger Dryas impact hypothesis or Clovis comet hypothesis posits that fragments of a large (more than 4 kilometers in diameter), disintegrating asteroid or comet struck North America, South America, Europe, and western Asia about 12,800 years ago. Multiple airbursts/impacts produced the Younger Dryas (YD) boundary layer (YDB), depositing peak concentrations of platinum, high-temperature spherules, meltglass, and nanodiamonds, forming an isochronous datum at more than 50 sites across about 50 million km² of Earth’s surface. Some scientists have proposed that this event triggered extensive biomass burning, a brief impact winter, the Younger Dryas abrupt climate change, contributed to extinctions of late Pleistocene megafauna, and resulted in the end of the Clovis culture.
Younger Dryas impact hypothesis - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Younge...act_hypothesis
Data from: Wikipedia

from NASA

The Hiawatha impact crater was first suspected to exist in the summer of 2015, from examination of a compilation of Greenland's sub-ice topography radar measurements made by NASA over two decades. The visualizations of the subsurface shown below are derived from a spring 2016 airborne survey by Germany's Alfred Wegener Institute, using a new ultrawideband radar sounder developed by the Center for Remote Sensing of Ice Sheets at The University of Kansas. Subsequent helicopter visits to the deglaciated terrain in front of Hiawatha Glacier by scientists from the Natural History Museum in Denmark recovered sediment samples from the main river that discharges water from beneath Hiawatha Glacier, through the northwestern rim breach. Laboratory examination revealed that these sediment samples contained shocked quartz and elevated platinum-group-element concentrations, both signs that the sediment records evidence of the impact of an iron asteroid more than one kilometer wide. The Hiawatha impact crater is potentially one of the youngest large impact craters on Earth.

alex

Last edited by RB; 10-10-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 16-08-2019, 06:25 AM
mynameiscd (Andy)

Yeah i was going to say Atlantis too. Stories about Noahs flood and Atlantis must have come from somewhere. Even Japanese history talks about an underwater city.
The last ice age when there was a land bridge from Indonesia to Tasmaina and also one across the bearing straight between Asia and Europe and Americas.
This ice age ended around 10000 to 11000 years ago which the sea levels would have risen to their current levels give or take 10m or so.
So these stories of instant floods and sunken cities may have happened over many years but got translated to folklore.
Also this may explain where the Jewish people came from. A large migration of people coming from Northern Europe to a warmer equatorial region and over many years.
These people would look different and have totally diferent cultures but eventually settled in the area. Fast forward thousands of years and it might explain a few things about why these people have been persicuted for thousands of years and have been called "a wondering tribe" etc.
The Americas have been populated from Asia over 3 main ice ages.
The first populaion wave about 40000 years ago ended up in South America and are Incas, Astecs, and the current indigenous people that are still there today.
The second wave when Europe and Asia was freezing over came over around 20000 years ago and have settled in North America and are the American indians.
The Last population wave when a not so dramatic ice age came about 10000 are the Eskimo which have still asian similarities.
Then we have Australia and New Guinea which definitely have 3 distinct races of people but with similar DNA but only little pices of written history that we know about. Hopefully we havent fully destroyed the history of the aboriginal people that goes well past 40000 years but we are doing a good job if it and not understanding it.
We will never really know but human DNA is a pretty good indicator.
Anyway im only telling what ive learnt at school so could be wrong but it does make sense.
Cheers
Andy
Old 16-08-2019, 06:29 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Here is a reasonable video..he does get a little distracted mid way through but like most things on youtube it is an production made by a guy with limited resources...but if you have the time...

https://binged.it/2KOBX4E

alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameiscd View Post
Yeah i was going to say Atlantis too. Stories about Noahs flood and Atlantis must have come from somewhere. Even Japanese history talks about an underwater city.
The last ice age when there was a land bridge from Indonesia to Tasmaina and also one across the bearing straight between Asia and Europe and Americas.
This ice age ended around 10000 to 11000 years ago which the sea levels would have risen to their current levels give or take 10m or so.
So these stories of instant floods and sunken cities may have happened over many years but got translated to folklore.
Also this may explain where the Jewish people came from. A large migration of people coming from Northern Europe to a warmer equatorial region and over many years.
These people would look different and have totally diferent cultures but eventually settled in the area. Fast forward thousands of years and it might explain a few things about why these people have been persicuted for thousands of years and have been called "a wondering tribe" etc.
The Americas have been populated from Asia over 3 main ice ages.
The first populaion wave about 40000 years ago ended up in South America and are Incas, Astecs, and the current indigenous people that are still there today.
The second wave when Europe and Asia was freezing over came over around 20000 years ago and have settled in North America and are the American indians.
The Last population wave when a not so dramatic ice age came about 10000 are the Eskimo which have still asian similarities.
Then we have Australia and New Guinea which definitely have 3 distinct races of people but with similar DNA but only little pices of written history that we know about. Hopefully we havent fully destroyed the history of the aboriginal people that goes well past 40000 years but we are doing a good job if it and not understanding it.
We will never really know but human DNA is a pretty good indicator.
Anyway im only telling what ive learnt at school so could be wrong but it does make sense.
Cheers
Andy
Thanks for your contribution Andy.

Something I noticed the other day and did not follow up..which I regret now...but apparently dna tests link Australian Aboriginals to South America..which is something I have never heard of...so I must follow up on that.

If you look at the Sumerians history you can form the impression that survivors of the supposed sea level rise were the gods they refer to ..or at least these survivors were seen as such...interestingly they lived in the garden of eden or paradice which translates to "where the animals are kept"...

There is a underwater city in India that I understand the government stopped research on because it threatened to cut across popula history.

alex

AND this...the implication can only be that agriculture started well before popular history suggests as it would be near impossible for hunter gathers to build this....from wiki...

Göbekli Tepe (Turkish: [ɟœbecˈli teˈpe],[1] Turkish for "Potbelly Hill")[2] is an archaeological site in the Southeastern Anatolia Region of Turkey approximately 12 km (7 mi) northeast of the city of Şanlıurfa. The tell has a height of 15 m (49 ft) and is about 300 m (980 ft) in diameter.[3] It is approximately 760 m (2,490 ft) above sea level.
The tell includes two phases of use, believed to be of a social or ritual nature by site discoverer and excavator Klaus Schmidt, dating back to the 10th–8th millennium BCE.[4] During the first phase, belonging to the Pre-Pottery Neolithic A (PPNA), circles of massive T-shaped stone pillars were erected – the world's oldest known megaliths.[5]
More than 200 pillars in about 20 circles are currently known through geophysical surveys. Each pillar has a height of up to 6 m (20 ft) and weighs up to 10 tons. They are fitted into sockets that were hewn out of the bedrock.[6] In the second phase, belonging to the Pre-Pottery Neolithic B (PPNB), the erected pillars are smaller and stood in rectangular rooms with floors of polished lime. The site was abandoned after the Pre-Pottery Neolithic B (PPNB). Younger structures date to classical times.
The details of the structure's function remain a mystery. It was partially excavated by a German archaeological team under the direction of Schmidt from 1996 until his death in 2014. In 2018, the site was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.[7]

alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
It's all a myth. Humans can't be civilised.
Many a true word spoken in jest.
alex

and re Aboriginal link to South America ..a lead...needs more work.
https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati...human-history/

alex

This guy is disliked by mainstream and this video perhaps demonstrates why.

https://youtu.be/cYbe154a6C8

Alex

Last edited by RB; 10-10-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 16-08-2019, 01:05 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Alex
My skin cancer guy , Dr Phil Flambas wrote a book about the lost city of Atlantis I think about 5 years ago
He’s into Greek history , Greek philosophers and Paintings etc...
I don’t have a link but type his name in and his profile will come up
Maybe check it out
Martin
Old 16-08-2019, 01:33 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
This guy is disliked by mainstream and this video perhaps demonstrates why.

https://youtu.be/cYbe154a6C8

Alex

FMD another conspiracy theory! And about as convincing as the fake moon landing.

After I got the drift I skipped ahead to a random point and the first thing he said was total BS. Either I got 'lucky' or the stuff is easy to find on that video.
Old 16-08-2019, 02:08 PM
leon

Gee Alex you are a fascinating fella, with some great talent and great history telling stories.
You are probably right to an extent, so where do we start looking for this hidden treasures.

Leon
Old 16-08-2019, 02:09 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
FMD another conspiracy theory! And about as convincing as the fake moon landing.

After I got the drift I skipped ahead to a random point and the first thing he said was total BS. Either I got 'lucky' or the stuff is easy to find on that video.
What did you think was BS specifically?

Do you think he is wrong about there being humans in America before the Clovis people is wrong...if you saw that part. I don't know that's why I ask.
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Gee Alex you are a fascinating fella, with some great talent and great history telling stories.
You are probably right to an extent, so where do we start looking for this hidden treasures.

Leon
The story isn't mine Leon.
I am not sure what the story is other than folk into the possible earlier civilization idea are convinced a comet hit North America approx 12000 years ago causing much ice to melt instantly and causing sea levels to rise by 30 feet world wide within 24 hours (their claim is such a rise is found in the ice cores) and another 400 odd feet rise over the next year (or so)...They say it was this event that saw the disappearance of the Mega fauna.. mainstream has it that the mega fauna disappearance was due to humans hunting them to extinction...to me that sounds implausible given we have not hunted stuff to the extinction like bears lions elephants giraffes etc ..presumably there were less people and without our ability to kill...so I find a comet much more plausible.
Anyways it was this rise in sea levels that took out an earlier civilization.
Evidence for the earlier civilization is the unexplainable megaliths found world wide such as the pregnant woman megalith some 1000 to 1500 tons and the use of such huge stones in a nearby temple...also the rich work found world wide such as that in Peru where the earlier work is more sophisticated that stuff on top the presumption being that folk like the Incas for example inherited ruins which they added to..Hench the difference in ruff work following exceptional work.

When the hypothesis that the dinosaurs were killed by a comet impact was first presented it was rejected in much the same way as this current idea. There is various things that can be seen to support the currently unfavourable idea ..however if the crator referred to above proves to be the correct age I doubt anyone can continue to say it just did not happen.

As I indicated earlier these ideas are put forward by non mainstream and the response is predictable and certainly some get carried away with wild ideas but for me sifting through the stuff and eliminating that which is probably BS a picture arises which certainly does not fit mainstream...that site in Turkey does however show that the idea that agriculture started only 5000 odd years ago is almost certainly incorrect simply because a hunter gather culture does not have the time to do that sort of thing...it is most curious.
I do think that these alternate ideas cause problems for certain beliefs and therefore the idea of a comet hit is dismissed without proper analysis. And folk like Handcock..who is a bit out there... are sought to be discredited...for me a lot of it adds up ..but then I have no desire for any particular outcome so am impartial.
You will see the emotional reactions to this stuff which suggests a predetermined view point consistent with a particular view of the world.
It is interesting that the crator NASA discovered is pretty well found where folk like Handcock predicted the comet of their story would be found.
Same when the initial hypothesis re the dinosaurs being wiped out via a comet..the opponent's said..yeh but there is no crator..if there was a comet that big there would be a crator...well they found the crator responsible for the dinasoirs extinction...the one NASA found just needs to be dated...if 12000 years ago the proposition of an earlier lost civilization becomes much more solid.
I would imagine the opposition could have something to do with folks ideas about a biblical type flood as opposed to a sea level rise..however there are many cultures that have their flood story so whatever way you approach the matter it seems there was a flood of some kind .it then becomes a matter of finding a plausible explanation for such an event..it would seem that there would be more opportunity for it to be a natural as opposed to a supernatural event.

Anyways Leon if you care to look at the videos I have posted here and perhaps take the time to watch all the way thru without going in with a preconception that you already know the facts you will at least find the subject of some interest I hope.
Alex

Alex

If you do the math for the great pyramid for example it seems rather improbable that it was built in twenty years for example...I took the time to work it out and you find something like 10 blocks an hour 24/7 for twenty years. Irrespective of how many labourers it gets to a matter that they could not all fit on the work site...and my sums don't take into account the time to build the chambers.. all I am getting at is the presumption is that it was built for a certain king for his tomb and that is where they get the twenty years...but no Dody was found in it..there is a stone box which some think was a coffin but that is a mere guess with out evidence to support such a proposal...anyways all the king's were buried in the valley of the king's and no body has been found in a pyramid...so one must wonder why it that the popular belief...and I do think it is very odd that the Eygptians left notes on everything..how to make bread and beer...but there is nothing whatsoever where they say they were building these things.
And some of the rock work defies an explanation that they used copper tools...just try and do what they are supposed to have done on the materials like pink granite etc and see how far you get with a bronze chisel.
The point is there are enough inconsistencies to make one think...most folk don't and simply buy whatever explanation they hear...but for me I do think the story we are told does not add up or fit many observations.
Alex

Leon have a look at this.
https://youtu.be/0la8txUkgUM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post

Leon
Leon I realised that I did not actually answer your question as to where to start looking.

My view is that any civilization would be concentrated around the mouths of rivers in much the same way that we notice today.

So the place to really look would be where rivers met the sea when sea levels were at the pre sea rise event..that appears to be some 400 feet...I have not been able to check the ice cores data which is relied upon to determine the rise but for the moment lets us assume the story that sea levels rose by 400 odd feet...It would be in these regions that one may expect to find something...of course any ruins would be well covered with the silt build up of some 12000 years but I would imagine if there was anyone around the main body of people and buildings would be in similar situations to where we place our cities and populations today.

It would be hard to find stuff no doubt..at 30 foot rise in twenty four hours probably would not have been a mild none destructive event and so one could expect massive damage ..think of the devestation in Japan and other places when the water came rushing in...

Imagine if today we were subject to such a disaster..would you find New York or London or LA or just so many of our biggest cities in 12000 years from now..and what was left would be taken over by those who survived...we may be looking at their building in the pyramids for example but as others have moved in you would not think of someone earlier....

I recall that the Dogger Bank was at one point above sea level and thye have found evidence of human occupation.. I must look into when it went under...but there we have a case where it is so hard to imagine that once folk lived where now all we find is open sea.

Make sure you look at that last video..its short but I suspect will get you wondering.

How are the hickups?

alex

Also for everyone and slightly off topic..check out the underground cities in Turkey...capable of housing 20,000 people..joined to another similar cities via a five mile long tunnel...these went down many levels eight I recall..maybe more..cut out of the bedrock..they had places for animals even...they go down some 200 feet underground.

Why they went underground no one knows but folk who believe the Earth was subject to comet bombardment think they went underground because the sky was falling...there are a lot of nutter videos and I tried to get a decent link but could not find something that just talked about the facts..their size etc and leave out their speculation.But there is a wiki entry I think...
but they were something that I had never heard about until about six months ago and they are simply unbelievable and I have no idea why you don't hear more about them..I do not know when they are are dated..but please check them out as they will blow you away.

alex

In the USA there are interesting features known as the Carolina Bays and this video links their formation with the comet impact referred to in the material above. https://binged.it/2MlQKHf
alex

Last edited by RB; 10-10-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old 17-08-2019, 09:51 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Re Clovis people's. This somewhat vindicates some of Hancock's comments in the earlier video.

From Wiki...

The "Clovis first theory" refers to the 1950s hypothesis that the Clovis culture represents the earliest human presence in the Americas, beginning about 13,000 years ago; evidence of pre-Clovis cultures has accumulated since 2000, pushing back the possible date of the first peopling of the Americas to about 13,200–15,500 years ago.

Alex

The hypothesis re comet impact is that the sudden disappearance of the Clovis people was a direct result of the comet impact referred to throughout this thread.
Alex

Here is a short video supportive of Hancocks claims that
mainstream is/was wrong about the earliest humans in America.
I took the time to look at the video again, the one that David paralleled to a Moon hoax status...I can only think David was being sarcastic as there is nothing in that video to put it in the Moon hoax class and perhaps David saying he did not bother to look at all of it was the ultimate sarcasm directed at folk who have a view point that they protect be refusing to look at any evidence that may threaten their position of belief.

If it was sarcasm I say brilliant ...if not perhaps others who actually watch the video may care to comment upon it...not this one but the one on the first page where David said it was no better than Moon hoax stuff. This one here is one that is interesting from the point of view that much work is being done which just keeps pushing the dates back.
https://youtu.be/y_7JJ0YP9Es

I have been looking to find what work is being done to establish the age of the suspected impact crator in Greenland...so far it seems no one is drilling thru the ice to date this thing...also I am on the track of yet another "young" crator site I think about 100 miles from the first one...multiple crators would be good to determine if there is more to the story...some folk into this have predicted multiple crators so it will be interesting if these folk deemed ratbags will be proved right

Alex

And for some balance from Climate.org

Among our reasons for skepticism (again, see our earlier post on this) there is a basic statistical problem. The problem is — and this context is missing from most if not all of the articles we’ve seen on this — that explaining the Younger Dryas in terms of an impact leaves all the other rapid climate change events (the so-called “Dansgaard-Oeschger events”) of the last glacial period unexplained.* One would have to either accept the conventional ideas for the causes of these events, or, alternatively, one would have to propose that there was an impact not only before the Younger Dryas, but before each of the earlier events....end of selected section of article.

The above raises an interesting point which is the prospect that impacts are relatively common.

If you look at the graphs you will see the fluctuations of the Younger Dead are really the same as many before it...certainly the question arises that must be ...why..

Alex

https://youtu.be/1MKyJyNIklg

Another bid re pre Clovis and a guy actually saying he did not look past a certain level because he believed he would find nothing.

And I sense the general refusal of folk to take the prospect of a comet impact seriously or to even look at the evidence, and there is considerable evidence other than the new possible impact site found in a strata with stuff associated with something no terrestrial.
If you are interested you may care to look but clearly there are those who don't care, and those who perhaps don't want a different version of history.

I find it all most interesting of course.

And I get the feeling that world shattering impacts may be somewhat the norm.

I guess our managers don't want us to be concerned with the prospect of destruction ... But one only has to look at various events which suggest there is probably more stuff still flying about than we would like to admit.
Thank goodness NASA has increased its budget to list the objects that may pose a threat...also maybe our managers want us to fear other things that they claim they can manage...and certainly folk may not be so happy if the prospect of possible hits were shown to be somewhat inevitable.

Anyways I hope those who have followed this thread have been entertained and hopefully informed.
Alex

Last edited by RB; 10-10-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 18-08-2019, 10:12 AM
dikman (Richard)

Regarding the demise of the Megafauna, sometime ago I saw a documentary called "Death of the Megafauna" (it's on DVD, your local library may have a copy). Up to then the commonly held belief was that the Megafauna (marsupial lion, giant kangaroo etc etc) were wiped out due to the arrival of the aborigines to Australia and were hunted to extinction. Someone eventually crunched some numbers and came to the conclusion that it didn't add up.

Archaeologists started seeing signs of heavy burning at the same stratified levels as the animal bones and eventually came to the conclusion that they disappeared due to the aboriginals habit of burning off the land which changed the climate of the country. Prior to their arrival it appears the country had far more greenery and dense growth, but constant, uncontrolled burning slowly killed off many plant species and only those that could survive burning were left.

It makes sense to me.
Old 18-08-2019, 12:06 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thank you for joining in Richard.
I still find it hard to accept that humans could cause any harm

You may find this interesting

https://amp.theguardian.com/australi...una-extinction

I do think the key to the various propositions we are presented with is to listen but not to become invested in a particular idea.
I was just saying to my father that I don't care if there was an ancient civilization or not and if the Eygptians did or did not build the pyramids...what is clear however most folk form an opinion and of course thereafter that opinion becomes fact as it were...when one studies the various ideas that at one time were seen as fact only to be cast out at some later point I think forming a rock solid opinion has no merit...and certainly closes the door on what clearly explains everything which of course is ALIENS......when you look around at what people can believe in I think it is perhaps best not to be too critical of their views no matter how strange they could appear ...from the Desiderata..listen to the full and the ignorant for they too have their story...that means listen to me of course..but no the whole thing with the Desiderata is a message of I suppose non commitale and to remain calm and somewhat neutral.

Thanks again for your input as it caused me to have a look at the material on Australian mega fauna generally..and I expect that is how I will spend the afternoon as it is a most interesting subject.
Alex
Old 18-08-2019, 04:17 PM
dikman (Richard)

Very interesting. It's sheer co-incidence, of course, that this extinction coincided with the arrival of the aboriginals.

Lately I have been reading such little gems as "the aboriginals have the oldest evolving culture in the world", they practiced controlled burning to manage the land, developed complex aquaculture farming methods etc.

Make of that what you will.......

And yes, of course it was aliens who built the pyramids etc, I thought everyone knew that.
Old 18-08-2019, 04:56 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikman View Post
Very interesting. It's sheer co-incidence, of course, that this extinction coincided with the arrival of the aboriginals.

Lately I have been reading such little gems as "the aboriginals have the oldest evolving culture in the world", they practiced controlled burning to manage the land, developed complex aquaculture farming methods etc.

Make of that what you will.......

And yes, of course it was aliens who built the pyramids etc, I thought everyone knew that.
The aspect I thought was interesting is the different conclusions reached by folk ..I mean competing scientists.

I bet volcanic erruptions are possibly a cause..when you look at how erruptions have influenced history they would be the first thig to investigate..I have read proposals of how a volcanic eruption was in effect indirectly responsible for the French revolution..it effected the climate caused crop failures etc creating a unhappy world etc...anyways that is not the only link with volcanoes...

The problem when you get into history on the net is it seems every second idiot is proposing ALIENS...sure they out there but I bet they have never visited Earth...I mean it is probable that other life exists in the Universe and possibly intelligent life but the distances and the ruling physics says no one is going anywhere even close...our closest star...I have heard estimates of 100,000 years plus to get there..you only have to do some sums.. ... so that sort of space travel is beyond my imagination.

One thing is...irrespective of who actually built the pyramids or cut out the massive megalith known as the pregnant woman etc I find it extraordinary that anyone could do such things or why they would want to... I do think they must have had tools we are not aware of ..being absent from the historical record... using bronze tools seems unacceptable..I do think in the past they may have used tools with diamond (or similar hard gems)cutting edges..they would have to have had something like that...nevertheless some of the workmanship is probably not easy to do these days..certainly funding a pyramid build would not be easy...unless in Dubia.

I do think the estimate of 20 years for the great pyramid just can not be correct...20 years is seized upon as the reign of the king at that time and that is on the basis they were for tombs..anyways if they could lay 10 plus blocks an hour for twenty years ..every hour of every day..non stop twenty years...as I said I doubt if you could fit the necessary work force on the job site..actually that's what I will do later..work out the number of workers per square meter … so many per block etc area of the place...mmm good one for dropping off to sleep..I will save it for then.

But one thing that seems clear is that the pyramids were not tombs if what we find is to be taken as a reasonable indicator... why that is popular conception is odd I find.

alex
Old 18-08-2019, 06:55 PM
mynameiscd (Andy)

Recently lake Condah in south western Victoria has been added to the world heritage list as on of the ealiest man made stuctures in thd world.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-...-list/11271804
Some of the eel traps and stone stuctures are well over 6000 years.
We have so much ancient history here in Australia but we normally just walk over it and build on too of it.
Whilst working on a 1860s "Chinese built"woolshed ive discovered that the local aborigines help build the stone shed not the Chinese who were on their way to the goldfields about 8 years earlier.
At the same time the first aboriginal 11 cricket team went to England from this area and included workers on the station where this woolshed is built.
After the end the decade there was cultural and physical genocide with the last of the indigenous population rounded up into missions and the last of the ancient stone stuctures around the west wimmera destroyed. Luckily some the Budu Bin site was not completely destroyed but ive found old 1850s drawings that show about 30 or more stone huts and a whole eel trap system that was then drained for farmland and the aborigines kicked off.
Years later a nicer stories came to be about with the chinese on the way to goldfields built it or chinamans well etc.
History has been rewitten in such a short time (about 150 years), it could be plausible that an earlier civilization had been in the Americas 11000 years before.
Cheers
Andy
Old 18-08-2019, 10:49 PM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Alex, it seems like you need a dose of Randall Carlson. He's a Builder/Designer by day and a Geological/Anthropological Theorist by night. For the past three decades he's been collecting data to support his theories. There's a lot of crossover between his theories and that of Hancock. Maybe there's some truth to them maybe there isn't who knows but one thing for sure they do raise questions.

Unfortunately there are a lot of reputations/egos at stake if history has to be rewritten, so sometimes when things challenge the text books they are quickly dismissed. Very few dare to challenge what is broadly accepted in fear of ruining their career, losing funding for their work and/or being ridiculed by peers.

Those who go against the grain usually don't have it easy, even if their arguments seem plausible.
Old 19-08-2019, 06:25 AM
mynameiscd (Andy)

Hi Lostinsp_ce,
I know what you meen about proposing new theories.
Im in a small town and even just mentioning about aborigines building the woolshed is causing quite a stir.
Its like im taking something away from them.
Alex, your proposal will ruffle a few feathers but i like it.
Cheers
Andy
Old 19-08-2019, 07:55 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Andy
All interesting stuff..thanks for outlining it all.

I cant take credit for any of this stuff as it all comes from others and anyone can look and find this sort of thing on the net.

I would not look at this sort of thing once as so much is an association with Atlantis and I always thought that was a myth.
Atlantis however means different things to different people...I no longer think of it as a mythical island that sank but as a term that is a placeholder for a hypothisised earlier civilization that may have existed before the Younger Dryas event.

But for so many folk they hear this stuff and burr up and reject it without investigating it at all...and for no other reason than they have formed their beliefs and as I said unfortunately when folk form a belief they consider them to be facts...usually facts and beliefs are two very different things.

Me I am very lucky I don't believe in anything or that anything I hear is necessarily the truth..heck I don't buy the big bang theory and that seems to be proved beyond doubt...but with humans we can tell each other we have it all worked out and so any one who may see an alternative or a flaw is never taken seriously and usually attacked and labled a fool, a nutter, etc... but it is funny how through out history we can often see that these nutters have been vindicated and the mob who thought they knew it all proved to be just wrong.

So I like sitting on the fence...when it all boils down...I don't know...I have to rely on others to interpret their findings, I have to accept that they made correct interpretations...now all that tells me there is no point in taking a stand on anything at all...take big bang..basically it stands or falls on the universe expanding..and all say it is and all say there measurements tests reseach etc is correct and everyone around are all satisfied that they have the expansion down pat...and now no one will every look at the possibility that our observations supporting expansion could be flawed... tired light explains red shift a little voice at the back of the room murmers...heritic, fool, nutter, crank throw him out, banish him...well what if that poor fool is correct? the big bang can only be a mirage... now I don't say I know either way but I doubt that we say unequivocally that we really do know...and then think who came up with the idea...someone who has been raised with a preoccupation of a creation...so I see there could be vested reasons for a support that really don't want that little voice in the back of the room questioning anything at all...so remaining unconvinced either way is my way of dealing with everything no matter how well it is established researched etc....

And so all this stuff re Younger Dryas one has to just take on board and look at the evidence the proponents offer...but I cant look at the ice cores so how can I believe the sea did rise..for example....

But when you look at this stuff you certainly get the impression many valid aspects are probable, certainly it seems funny that the pyramids are presented as tombs when there is no evidence, it seems odd that folk reject the evidence of a comet impact or seek an implausible eplaination for the mega fauna die out...maybe it is the influence of those who believe the world is only 6000 years old who although not believed perhaps impose considerable influence in a political sense to guide funding. Who knows I certainly don't but as I said all one can do is look at all the presented facts and avoid forming a belief and then labling your belief the facts.

I just can not understand why folk get upset with new or different information without a recognition that it is belief that they are defending...I think belief can inhibit the search for truth... but often truth is not the issue I guess.

I don't care probably everything we think we know will change somewhat over the coming centuries like it has tended to do in the past.

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInSp_ce View Post
Alex, it seems like you need a dose of Randall Carlson. He's a Builder/Designer by day and a Geological/Anthropological Theorist by night. For the past three decades he's been collecting data to support his theories. There's a lot of crossover between his theories and that of Hancock. Maybe there's some truth to them maybe there isn't who knows but one thing for sure they do raise questions.

Unfortunately there are a lot of reputations/egos at stake if history has to be rewritten, so sometimes when things challenge the text books they are quickly dismissed. Very few dare to challenge what is broadly accepted in fear of ruining their career, losing funding for their work and/or being ridiculed by peers.

Those who go against the grain usually don't have it easy, even if their arguments seem plausible.
Thanks ..I have seen a little of Randell.

I know how humans group and like to label anyone who does not conform to the groups beliefs as a nutter or a fool...imagine if you walked into a football club and said it seemed rather silly that week after week year after year you guys do nothing but indulge an obsession to take that little ball over the line of the other side as if that action defines your life.

Imagine going against the grain anywhere on anything... the response is predictable and no doubt is rooted in our tribal past.

But let the egos and career battles go on, and the football and live in the hope that some truth will pass your way I guess.

Alex

This video requires patience..the presentor is credentialed and really appears to know his stuff...and certainly offers evidence that completely shows the once mainstream notion re Clovis people is probably incorrect.
What I did find surprising in this video is the sheer number of artifacts ..not just a couple here and a couple there but it shows sites where you can probably get a truck load in a week end.

As I said slow to take off so for those of you who look at a minute and make up your mind and jump around so as not to expose yourself to stuff that may change your view...don't...either watch it all or don't bother..but I feel for those who hold a genuine interest in this stuff to do the hard yards and spend the time it takes to hear this guy out.

Solutreans:The first Americans. Dr Standford Emerson centre 2012

I will get a link for you later.

alex

Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ntiWciV1C0

alex

Look for the part where they found stone tools in USA that were made from flint that came from France.
alex

Last edited by RB; 10-10-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 19-08-2019, 09:48 AM
julianh72 (Julian)

On the subject of the Atlantis myth:

We were recently in Santorini (Greece), and there is a good argument that the cataclysmic Minoan eruption in about 1500 - 1650 BC may be responsible for the Atlantis legends.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minoan...ruption_dating

Before the massive eruption, Santorini was an almost completely circular island about 15 km across. The remaining crescent-shaped island was formed when something in excess of 60 cubic kilometres of rock were ejected. (That's about four times bigger than the famous Krakatoa event of 1883.) The resulting tsunamis would have devastated any coastal towns in the Aegean region.

The archaeological site of Akrotiri on the protected southern flanks of Santorini shows how devastating these events can be.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akrotiri_(Santorini)

A Minoan bronze-age city was totally covered by ash and pumice (similar to Pompeii), with all sorts of artefacts being found in the buried buildings, giving a fantastic insight into how Minoan civilisation functioned. (The excavated site is protected by a modern roof - see attached image - this is an amazing site, and many of the excavated artefacts can be seen in the museum in nearby Thira.) Unlike Pompeii, no human or animal remains have been found - it is presumed that the inhabitants escaped by sea during the preceding series of eruptions, abandoning most of their possessions as they fled.

There are no reliable historical records of the event, but when you look at what happened to the town of Akrotiri, and ponder the effect of the tsunamis from the event all round the southern Aegean, it is easy to imagine numerous towns and cities being washed into the sea, leaving no modern trace of these communities.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Akrotiri.jpg)
131.9 KB32 views