Old 27-05-2016, 02:56 AM
jwheel69 (Joe Wheelock)

Takahashi mount autoguiding question

Greetings from the USA, I have a Takahashi NJP mount but it does not have the Temma system. It has the PD7XY control box (picture attached). The autoguide cable that came with the mount has a serial connection. The previous owner of my mount used an SBIG relay box for autoguiding. I was wondering though, if the equipment from shoestring astronomy would be compatible with my system? this: http://www.store.shoestringastronomy.com/gpusb.htm and this: http://www.store.shoestringastronomy.com/gpcnv_tak.htm I know of other people that have used this equipment successfully with Temma systems but I am not sure about my system.
I would also like to add that I did contact the one of the US Tak. dealers (Texas Nautical) and they have a Din to RJ-14 cable for the auto guider but it is pricey. It puzzles me that they mentioned RJ-14 I was under the impression that the "standard" was RJ-12? Also I plan to use this camera for autoguiding:

https://www.optcorp.com/qhy5lii-mono...er-camera.html

I have posted the same question on other forums and I am still trying to get a direct answer.
Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Joe Wheelock For Davis, TX
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (PD-7.jpg)
161.6 KB35 views
Old 27-05-2016, 06:51 AM
gregbradley

Have a look at Strongmanmike's images. He lists his gear there. He installed a different controller system on his NJP and his guiding is always spot on.

Greg.
Old 27-05-2016, 08:07 AM
jwheel69 (Joe Wheelock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
Have a look at Strongmanmike's images. He lists his gear there. He installed a different controller system on his NJP and his guiding is always spot on.

Greg.
Thanks!
Old 27-05-2016, 12:09 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

I did use the Shoestring adapter on my Temma NJP, and it worked flawlessly. Not sure on your PD-7 system though - might be worth a shot, seeing the Shoestring is not expensive.
Old 28-05-2016, 01:15 AM
jwheel69 (Joe Wheelock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
I did use the Shoestring adapter on my Temma NJP, and it worked flawlessly. Not sure on your PD-7 system though - might be worth a shot, seeing the Shoestring is not expensive.
Thanks. I am still looking into this.