Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Nightscapes

Old 11-12-2018, 06:39 AM
Paramount

A night at Fewston Reservoir

I spent yesterday afternoon and all night at Fewston Reservoir in North Yorkshire shooting a Holy Grail time lapse, some star time lapse and star trail images. I used my Sony A7Sii and Samyang 24mm f1.4 lens and Dynamic Perception slider gear with my Timelapse+ view intervalometer for the Holy Grail time lapse and my Sony A7iii and Samyang 12mm f2.8 fisheye lens for the other work. The drone footage was shot with my Mavic Air.
It was quite cold and within a few hours there was a thick layer of frost on my bags and the slider rails had ice on them by the morning but it carried on working ok.
Altogether I took over 3,500 images with exposures ranging from 1/8000 second at f1.4 and ISO 100 to 30 seconds at f2.8 at ISO 6400. A friend of mine Simon Bennett mentioned about Comet 46P being in the sky and I didn't think I would catch it with a fisheye lens, but if you check very carefully in the third clip where Orion is already in the sky there is a very faint smudge in exactly the spot where Simon showed me so it looks like I managed to catch it, it is very faint though so it is difficult to see. I carried all my gear in my Benpacker hiking trailer. I processed all the data using a combination of Lightroom, Premier Pro, Photoshop and Starstax.
The video can be seen at the link below in HD and 4K, as I've only just uploaded it the 4K version may not be available yet but it will later on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDBA...ature=youtu.be
Old 31-12-2018, 12:38 PM
Ralf (Ralf)

Some great footage there. Thanks for sharing.