Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 06:02 PM
h0ughy (David)

Read the terms of service

I am asking everyone to go and read the terms of service to refresh your joining commitment you all did.
Edit included link http://www.iceinspace.com.au/tos.html

FROM NOW ON ANY SPAT, DELIBERATE BAITING POSTS OR BULLYING WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE BANNING.

Last edited by h0ughy; 01-01-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:48 PM
Ausrock (Chris)

Houghy,

I don't read every sub forum and your post has me curious, have there been instances that have prompted this thread, as I find it almost hard to believe that the kind of behaviour you refer to would occur here.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:19 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausrock View Post
Houghy,

I don't read every sub forum and your post has me curious, have there been instances that have prompted this thread, as I find it almost hard to believe that the kind of behaviour you refer to would occur here.

Chris,
Yes it did and does with monotonous regularity. There are some forum members that think they are not going to be banned and keep pushing past the boundaries. As moderators we try to keep an Even keel . Well we have a life as well and can't waste time with looking after the kindergarten kids who have had too much red drink
Old 07-12-2018, 09:15 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ughy View Post
after the kindergarten kids who have had too much red drink
I just knew Rick was up to no good...
So... cheese and crackers alright?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:21 PM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
I just knew Rick was up to no good...
So... cheese and crackers alright?
Is that intended to be an example of a "DELIBERATE BAITING POST," Marc?

I had some cheese and crackers at the work Xmas party tonight but I have to say the company was not up to Astrofest standards
Old 31-12-2018, 09:26 PM
h0ughy (David)

I refer to the initial post, read it carefully again and take note
Old 01-01-2019, 06:13 AM
JeniSkunk (Jenifur)

Quote:
I am asking everyone to go and read the terms of service to refresh your joining commitment you all did.

FROM NOW ON ANY SPAT, DELIBERATE BAITING POSTS OR BULLYING WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE BANNING.
Suggestion: what about including a link to the IIS ToS in your post?
Old 01-01-2019, 07:07 AM
leon

Deliberate baiting and bullying i do agree with David, but having a Spat, or in other words a disagreement of sorts is surely not a banning sentence.

Leon
Old 01-01-2019, 07:40 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniSkunk View Post
Suggestion: what about including a link to the IIS ToS in your post?
It is not hard to find:

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/tos.html
Old 01-01-2019, 07:47 AM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Deliberate baiting and bullying i do agree with David, but having a Spat, or in other words a disagreement of sorts is surely not a banning sentence.

Leon
It is pretty easy "for the usual suspects" to disguise their attacks using apparently joking banter, and this passive aggressive behaviour is ignored mostly - unless aimed at you. Some people see IIS in the same way as their social media universe of Facebook and Instagram, etc; the difference being in IIS many of us have not signed up to follow the antics of the few.

Some time in the wilderness of banishment may be worth trying but I suspect some never learn.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:53 AM
The Mekon (John Briggs)

The trouble is "bullying" has become a pretty broad term these days, and therefore meaningless. Some are too ready to take offence and use the term without any justification. On a recent thread a long term member thought it was bullying when the comparison photos he posted were questioned as not really being a valid test of the equipment! I dropped out of this thread when the O.P. failed to deliver on any of the objects he outlined in the first post, and then posted about being bullied.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:19 AM
leon

Glen, I don't know much about social media stuff other than this forum, never used it, and wouldn't even know how, you should see my dinosaur of a phone

Leon
Old 01-01-2019, 11:21 AM
JeniSkunk (Jenifur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
It is not hard to find:
Indeed, Glen.
The reason for my making the suggestion was quite simple.
David requiring users to re-familiarize ourselves with the ToS due to its regular breaches increasing the workload for the Moderators, and then not providing a link to the document we users are required to read, made me feel his post was incomplete.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:41 AM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniSkunk View Post
Indeed, Glen.
The reason for my making the suggestion was quite simple.
David requiring users to re-familiarize ourselves with the ToS due to its regular breaches increasing the workload for the Moderators, and then not providing a link to the document we users are required to read, made me feel his post was incomplete.
Well it's all fixed up now, I also did think that they could have looked it up and found it. After all I was a tad busy at the time and on my phone. Happy New Year
Old 02-01-2019, 12:47 PM
Boozlefoot
SQM 21.98 mag./arc sec2

Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
It is pretty easy "for the usual suspects" to disguise their attacks using apparently joking banter, and this passive aggressive behaviour is ignored mostly - unless aimed at you. Some people see IIS in the same way as their social media universe of Facebook and Instagram, etc; the difference being in IIS many of us have not signed up to follow the antics of the few.

Some time in the wilderness of banishment may be worth trying but I suspect some never learn.
Having self banned myself from the site for quite a period (only having a peek today after some considerable time), we now have classic indication of the "why's and wherefores" of said self ban. Self reflection is possibly of benefit for many utilising this site. Once more into the wilderness I pass........
Old 02-01-2019, 01:39 PM
drylander (Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Glen, I don't know much about social media stuff other than this forum, never used it, and wouldn't even know how, you should see my dinosaur of a phone

Leon
I'll see your old phone and raise it 1 dinosaur
Pete
Old 02-01-2019, 01:50 PM
JeniSkunk (Jenifur)

Quote:
Well it's all fixed up now, I also did think that they could have looked it up and found it. After all I was a tad busy at the time and on my phone. Happy New Year
Thanks David.

In my own case, I did take the time to find the ToS, and read it before posting in this thread.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:16 PM
Boozlefoot
SQM 21.98 mag./arc sec2

"Everyone?"

Quote:
Edit included link http://www.iceinspace.com.au/tos.html

Well, At the risk of being banned please let me reiterate my previous, and advise both sides of the equation here. A difference of opinion does not necessarily immediately need be classified as bullying. And yes, bullying is being touted in areas it necessarily doesn't belong. I do, however, appreciate the moderators position and value their work.

ALAS, phrases such as "kindergarten kids, and too much red drink" reflect a moderators personal opinion rather than that of the terms and conditions as previously outlined and referred to by one of our moderators.

If the moderator wishes to be involved in a spat as to the describing of the notification of the availability of the terms and conditions to the general membership who simply enquired as to the means of seeking availability of those terms, then I would strongly advise that the moderator is in contravention of those very terms.

Note to moderator involved - Please be careful, it's not necessarily what you are saying, but to me it very strongly becomes a case of how you are saying it.

And now, having said my say, trying very carefully not to express any opinion in contravention of the terms and conditions,bully any person in particular, or create a spat, I bid you all a fair adieu and wish you all a progressive and cheerful 2019, before being BANNED!
Old 02-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Boozlefoot
SQM 21.98 mag./arc sec2

Breaches of Guidelines

I cannot for the life of me see where it says in the Guidelines referred to as a ban being IMMEDIATE. (And theres no need to shout, I may be old but I'm not deaf!)
Old 02-01-2019, 02:35 PM
leon

I agree Boozelefoot, it came across a bit over the top, moderator or not.

Some of us have been here at the start of IIS, but be careful what you say.

I say what i believe in open forum and not hide behind PM's I have done it before and got burned many times, because some here are to weak to say what they believe, in case of exactly this

David you are wrong, and and i think you need to back off a bit.

What you said was, "well guys if you don't listen to me your gone"

Move on mate

Leon
Closed Thread