Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Old 04-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

Really fine detail Paul - looking good.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:52 PM
DJT (David)

Great image Paul, you seem to have that scope sorted! Can't wait do see the colour version.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Paul Haese

Thanks guys.

The GSO is slowly getting there. I am still struggling with getting RA guiding right. The Dec is a near flat perfect line but he RA wanders up and down a little, leaving slightly elongated stars. I am planning on doing PEC with prempro as I think the SB software does not work well with the southern hemisphere.

I also need to change the back plate of the scope over to the new system. That means changing out the mirror and recollimating the scope. As well as getting another adapter made up.

I still don't think the collimation is 100% in any event and I need to be a pick more finicky with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent_julie View Post
Paul,
That looks fantastic! Is the EM present in that shot? I don't really know what I should be looking for.

Trent
Yes the EM was present I this shot Trent and can be vaguely seen if you look hard enough.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Joshua Bunn (Joshua)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
I am planning on doing PEC with prempro as I think the SB software does not work well with the southern hemisphere.
Not to make this thread about PEC, but is this with your ME or MX Paul. SB PEC has worked wonders with my ME.

Congratulations on another fabulous image from Clayton to!

Josh
Old 05-10-2014, 12:15 PM
LightningNZ (Cam)

Just spent 10 minutes doing a side-by-side of your image and Marcus' image. Just amazing stuff. You guys should share data like Rolf and Mike did.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Bunn View Post
Not to make this thread about PEC, but is this with your ME or MX Paul. SB PEC has worked wonders with my ME.

Congratulations on another fabulous image from Clayton to!

Josh

This is with my MX Josh. I have tried PEC via SB and it just makes the problem worse. I admit I am having trouble nulling this issue out. I did change the guide rate to much higher and that had an impact in a positive way. I am tempted to check the placement of the worm gear again to ensure I have not made an error in installing the new gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningNZ View Post
Just spent 10 minutes doing a side-by-side of your image and Marcus' image. Just amazing stuff. You guys should share data like Rolf and Mike did.
While I am not averse to the idea, I think my data is not as good as Marcus's. My star shapes are a little eggy compared to his image.