Old 03-01-2012, 12:09 PM
batema (Mark)

Thank you John
Old 03-01-2012, 12:25 PM
JohnH
Member # 159

Full Res Eta

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the feedback, just realised I only put the small vsn on the Eta image in the link...full res is here if you would not mind having a look:

http://hauntonhub.dyndns.org:8080/As...os/etarc10.jpg

Obviously softend a bit by the jpeg fromat but it should suffice to see if the scope is perfoming "normally". I did not use flats.

Thanks for looking!

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Looks like you are on the right track. Collimation looks pretty good, but the defocused star is a little big to be really sure of collimation. Something about half that size will be more accurate.

Field curvature is normal for RC telescopes and like you said it will be less evident with the smaller sensor. I can be sorted with flatteners and reducers too.

The eta image looks sharp the detail looks as it should. You can compare your images to my eta image with the RC8 and a 40D if you like.

I look forward to more images coming from you.
Old 19-01-2012, 02:57 PM
JohnH
Member # 159

Another test image - running man

After lots of dramas I have my ST2000xm working again and so I managed to test it with the RC10 for the first time last night.

I have the AP CCDT667 fitted - but a word of warning to those who go for this FR - I cannot use this and my AO-8 at the same time. The AO-8 introduces to much spacing which means you run out of infocus (or at least I do with the moonlite focuser fitted).

So fwiw I attach a Lum only shot of NGC1977 - stack of 7*5 mins darks but no flats (please ignore the dust bunnies!). I think my focus is a tad off - due to having done it manually - having some issues with the moonlite ASCOM driver.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC1977_Lum.jpg)
182.9 KB61 views
Click for full-size image (eta_ha.jpg)
189.5 KB70 views

Last edited by JohnH; 19-01-2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: add photo