Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 15-07-2019, 02:08 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
Funny you should say that. A chess grandmaster is in deep doggies do do after being caught (and later confessing) using his phone to cheat.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-...-game/11307544

https://www.chess.com/news/view/igor...on-of-cheating

Personally, I find the phone is too strong a player for me, though I haven't tried it at 'fool' level . If you want to waste time on other web sites, I enjoy the Agadmator. You might even convince yourself that you become a better player if you watch enough .

https://www.youtube.com/user/AGADMATOR/featured
I have lost the evidence to support my claim but on my old phone I had near 3000 games...at a medium level with a reasonably high sucess percentage wise but one day I played the highest level and knowing it would beat me I tried really hard..anyways I won...so to keep my win rate at the highest level 100% I never played at high level again.
But unfortunately never ran into anyone in person who played. . so I could show them and big note myself ..could only have been a fluke.
Thanks for the links.
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 15-07-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 15-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Bobbyoutback

Chess & Booze

Well done Alex on your 100% high level average ! even if one game .

I have a result consistency of a 100% also when playing Grandmasters live over the board ~ loss them all .

Your correct about hording whisky ' will never go off , great for barter & self inebriation adventures .

Bobby ..
Old 15-07-2019, 05:18 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Do you know how to play GO?
Alex
Old 15-07-2019, 08:02 PM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Do you know how to play GO?
Alex
No

But I do know Silver will be more valuable soon

Bobby .
Old 15-07-2019, 10:03 PM
Wavytone

Forget silver/gold - too bulky, way too heavy and if someone finds another pile of the stuff yours will be devalued.

Argyle pink, green, red or violet diamonds are the choice - small, convenient and supply has been exhausted (the mine has closed). Millions worth can easily be stored in a small deposit box - a single violet 4 carat stone is worth $US5M.
Old 16-07-2019, 01:19 AM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavytone View Post
Forget silver/gold - too bulky, way too heavy and if someone finds another pile of the stuff yours will be devalued.

Argyle pink, green, red or violet diamonds are the choice - small, convenient and supply has been exhausted (the mine has closed). Millions worth can easily be stored in a small deposit box - a single violet 4 carat stone is worth $US5M.
I'm fully versed with the way precious stones are valued , in an other life I faceted many fine gems ( diamonds excluded ) .

The Chinese have been able to made real gem quality diamonds of color choice ' did you know that ?
Link ~ https://www.thediamondloupe.com/tech...diamond-market
Old 16-07-2019, 08:01 AM
Wavytone

Yes I’m well aware of the synthetic coloured stones - several retailers flog them. There are a couple of fundamental differences though.

The natural coloured stones owe their colour due to traces of other specific elements in the crystal lattice - iron, aluminium or hydrogen whereas the man made versions are produced by irradiation to knock a few atoms out of whack in the crystal lattice. In these manmade ones heating the stone can cause the colour to fade.

In sunlight argyle stones fluoresce white, ones from other origins do not. Can look a bit weird if you didn’t know.
Old 16-07-2019, 03:26 PM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:

In sunlight argyle stones fluoresce white, ones from other origins do not. Can look a bit weird if you didn’t know.
Thanks I didn't know that
Old 19-07-2019, 02:05 AM
Bobbyoutback

Below is real time chart of gold & silver , those who have bought silver will be pleased I hope

https://www.bullionvault.com/gold-price-chart.do

whoops , just hit Silver on the left Tab

Last edited by Bobbyoutback; 19-07-2019 at 02:11 AM. Reason: info
Old 19-07-2019, 03:43 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I like Perth Mint gives prices in our money☺.
Alex
Old 23-07-2019, 03:41 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

Quote:
Unless another major industry finds a need for it it won’t recover.
Well for the Len Wallis fanbois silver interconnects and speaker cable evidentally are the thing to have. Apple will take that idea and run with it no doubt.

Don't forget the upcoming war between werewolves and vampires, silver will be in high demand for that!
Old 23-07-2019, 07:36 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Silver is a great conductor so I think I will use it in my 12 volt system☺
The price of wire ..why not.
Alex
Old 23-07-2019, 08:23 PM
Bobbyoutback

Manipulation

The true value of Silver would surge into the hundreds of dollars per ounce when manipulation fails .

Last part of this article below : https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...-ever-pulled-0

Conclusion – The Greatest Trick ever Pulled
Manipulating gold and silver prices by spoofing futures trades and cancelling them is one thing. Central bank intervention into physical gold markets to dampen the gold price is another. But perhaps the most far reaching yet unappreciated method of manipulation is sitting there in plain sight, and that is the very structure of the contemporary ‘gold’ and ‘silver’ markets where prices are established by trading in vast quantities of fractionally-backed synthetic gold and silver credit, be it in the form of vast quantities of unallocated positions that are ‘gold’ or ‘silver’ in name only, or in the form of gold and silver futures which haven’t the slightly connection with CME approved precious metals vaults and warehouses.

By siphoning off demand for real gold and silver and channeling it into unbacked or fractionally-backed credits and futures, the central banks and their bullion bank counterparts have done an amazing job in creating an entire market structure of futures and synthetics trading that is unconnected to the physical gold and silver markets. This structure siphons off demand away from the physical precious metals markets, and in doing so, creates a system of price discovery which is nothing to do with physical gold and silver supply and demand.

Apart from fractional-reserve banking, precious metals market structure is perhaps one of the biggest cons on the planet. So next time you think of precious metals manipulation, remember that in addition to spoofing and secretive central bank gold loans, the entire structure of the precious metals markets is unfortunately one big manipulation hiding in plain sight.

All this BS manipulation is going to blown away in the near future ' think about what to do now

Bobby .
Old 23-07-2019, 08:58 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Value comes from marketing.
One needs to get the herd moving is all.
Buy silver and reduce the supply and sell it somehow without increasing the supply..isnt that the game?
Lets discuss the notion of value...the notion of a market...you do it as I know and cant be bothered explaining the delussions humans perpetuate.

Alex
Old 23-07-2019, 09:59 PM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Value comes from marketing.
One needs to get the herd moving is all.
Buy silver and reduce the supply and sell it somehow without increasing the supply..isnt that the game?
Lets discuss the notion of value...the notion of a market...you do it as I know and cant be bothered explaining the delussions humans perpetuate.

Alex
Good evening Alex ,

Silver is both a industrial & monetary metal , real silver cant be just created like fiat money .
When you hold a real silver bar you have value that will be excepted for goods & services after the demise of paper money .

Today the trillions of debt we see world wide are in fiat currencies ' they are backed on faith & blind acceptance .

The only real money is either Gold or silver , get some now !

Bobby
Old 24-07-2019, 12:13 PM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

I know it is cynical of me but it is based on many years dealing with financial fraud in several countries. Whenever I read something like XYZ is under-valued I shy away. Can you remember several years ago when a massive attempt was made to effectively corner the world market in silver? And who can forget the numerous accounts one reads of people falling for the hot tips from strangers only to find they have invested in a shadow.
Sorry but Time has made me a disbeliever in free lunches.
Peter