Old 31-08-2019, 07:57 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Helix WIP

Thought I should probably start putting my images in this section rather than the beginners section. Last night was looking good and what I was wanting data for was not positioned well until after midnight so I thought I would try out the ED72 and ASI294 on the Helix. This is a crop from a 52 frame integration shot last night, integrated with drizzle and a tweak in photoshop CC 2019.

I reckon it is worth heading back to next time the weather is up to it to get a load more subs to smooth out the noise though I may start from scratch. I still have not got the reducer to sensor spacing quite right and have just received some new spacers to tweak the setup with, but I did not want to waste a couple of clear nights around new moon to fettle that.

https://www.astrobin.com/full/bia5a4/0/
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Helix-cropped-for-IIS.jpg)
196.1 KB40 views
Old 31-08-2019, 08:24 AM
ChrisV (Chris)

Lovely colour Paul
Old 31-08-2019, 08:40 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

That was the one thing I was not sure about, almost all of the images I might refer to have been NB but as a PN I figured it really was likely to be quite green.
Old 31-08-2019, 09:22 AM
casstony

There's a lot of detail in there for a little scope.
Old 31-08-2019, 10:09 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Yeah, it took a little while to fettle but the Evostar 72 I think does shockingly well for a "budget" scope. Particularly given the debate here on IIS recently about if you could really call it an Apo or not. It it a bit like the "Calibration issues" of the ASI294 where debate raged around in circles on CN between any number of people, most of whom who don't actually have the camera. It m,ight be a bit tricky to calibrate the images but I am happy with the outcome for a budget cooled cam. I can see a few artifacts on some of my images, but man are the stretched hard to find them.