Old 28-05-2018, 07:56 AM
drrockso (John)

Arrow Toowoomba Astronomy

I have created a page and a group for an informal and casual "club" for those with an interest in Astronomy in the Toowoomba region. I have found no particularly active groups for specifically the Toowoomba region which is surprising given our size and location.

The goal of the group and page is to draw together both experienced and those with a fleeting interest in Astronomy and Astrophotography.
To be a place to share knowledge, stories and eventually organise casual stargazing events for for both experienced and new comers alike based in the Toowoomba region.

At this stage I dont see a benefit for having a web presence past the Facebook group and page and while this might limit the audience slightly. I think the ease of administrating such a group is easiest that way.

A link to the page and group can be found below and I'd welcome any support anyone feels they can offer.

Facebook Page
Facebook Group
Old 23-06-2018, 08:00 AM
drrockso (John)

So last night we had our first little stargazing night. It was great to see a few of us get out there.

We have launched our website and are looking to host another stargazing night in the coming 4-6 weeks.

Our new website is www.toowoomba-astronomy.org