Old 05-12-2020, 11:06 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

NGC2070 Best Subs

I started a new thread cause no one got to see my second final effort in my last thread and missed my pet spider...I expect folk dont come back after their first look which is understandable..thinking they will only find me still babbling on..I understand..so..gathered all my data which comprised two very different framing arrangements one with NGC 2070 in the center of frame and in the other data set with it far right as I was then trying to include other interesting objects...however culling all subs that showed any eggyness or not good focus or for whatever reason was not really acceptable...and today I did a further cull which i think helped.
I am not sure about colour and really not too worried getting it right is on my long long improvement to do list.
I would like to try this object again with entirely new data and taking dark frames and flats framed in a particular way that I can now see would see additional interesting objects...

Very happy with the detail but I did photoshop some core stars but they were there I just brightened then a bit...

Edit..added the second one as edited it on my phone ..looked good on that small screen but not sure how it will go here..anyways here it is as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (bestsubs.jpg)
193.3 KB44 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_20201206_011056.jpg)
182.7 KB36 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_20201206_070203.jpg)
164.7 KB33 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 06-12-2020 at 06:03 AM.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:57 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

You know I just don't like the colour ...not a case of it being the correct colour it just comes out very un natural..,each of the individual b and w stacked image just look more natural and the detail is just better..I might try doing a black and white and adding colour just like colouring parts in..I have done that in the past and although only cause I did not know better it actually may be the best way to retain the natural look..for me at this stage.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20201205_204050.jpg)
185.6 KB14 views
Old 06-12-2020, 09:04 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Alex
Looks like a friendly spider , we have huntsman’s and orb weavers around our place in Sydney , webs everywhere at the moment , you walk into one and it’s re constructed the next day , very industrious creatures
Nice nebula too...
Sometimes your better off starting a new image with new data as conditions can vary greatly from night to night, however that’s not always possible
Martin
Old 06-12-2020, 10:48 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have other data coming in, but nothing I am happy with..M74, Cone Nebula, Orion and Seagull Nebula...I laid my tablet on top of my desk top last night firmly in the corner of my desk ( dressing table) and the Spider came down about 5 inches from the screen and it looked as if it were watching TV.
Still sorting gear, like always, could not get both guiding to work and Sharpcap...but happily with my life now my own and fewer trips to Sydney etc and the observatory basically functional I can start to pull it all together and get serious.
Everything I am doing is really just exploring techniques etc.
Alex