Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2020, 12:11 PM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

Soda glass blanks for eyepieces

Hello,

I currently have two slabs of 25mm non-toughened soda glass approx. 1280mm x 680mm and a smaller one at 450x350mm. I am currently trying to get some quotes for cutting the blanks/discs a little closer to home (Canberra) for the New Year.

I have a Sydney quote below which does not include beveled edges ect, just the raw disc cuts. The quote is for 420mm disc to allow for TDE on a 16" blank. There is always a possibility that the blank will shatter, however I will cover that should it eventuate.

I would like to trade for any of the following eyepieces;
APM UFF 30mm;
Morpheus 17.5mm and
Morpheus 9mm.
(or similar - ie good eye relief and good reviews)

I see that 2nd hand APM's are around $250 and I have sourced the Morpheus new at $360 but second hand in good condition are what I am after. If you have these eyepieces and are interested in a swap for a custom cut soda glass blank please send me a pm with your blank size and the eyepiece/s on offer.

I have no intention of sending the blanks via mail though as the boxing is too much to ensure that it can survive OzPost handling. However, I am willing to drive 1-2 hours to help facilitate the transaction.

Thanks
Steve

Sydney Quotes:
Quote to supply 25mm clear float Disc 420 dia , $290.00 + GST + Each
Quote to water jet own glass $65.00 + GST + Each