Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2020, 07:52 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Car port..next May..booked out..why? business has gone thru the roof since the virus.
Alex
It's all that Stimulous money burning a hole in people pockets.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:01 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I covered half the roof with a tarp that had a silver side which I faced up..tied it off and then stuck a milk crate under and a couple of old super market shopping baskets and the foam from the eq6 6 box..so as to create some air space and a gap to vent...very surprised the improvement...but today my neighbour removed the solar panels which means I can cover the whole roof with some shade cloth or traps... moved a big blue barrel into the annex and put a bilge pump in it and some pipe so I have some washing up water nearby ..the little pump (that went under water when the tree fell on the big one) I thought was probably stuffed but when I pulled the cord it turned over ( not like the big one which is seized ) so I turned the switch set the choke and you would not believe it after six pulls it ran...so I thought better check the oil..mmm cream..water had got in..so emptied it added more oil ran it emptied that oil and gave in new oil..ran ok..so took it to the dam dug out a level spot for it laid down some planks from the falling down jetty connected the pipes primed it, two goes later it filled the big blue barrel for me..luxury plus...then extended the level ground put down some cardboard and manouved the new fire pump into the little garden trolley and set it up but although I dragged down and the hoses and pipes I was beat and it's connection will have to wait until tomorrow..
I told the neighbour to instal a 24 volt system asap using the 8 existing panels...the bed in the observatory now has a new mattress ( it came in a small box and grew to a full single) and I took a nap there today..even bought a mossie net so may sleep out there tonight..but too tired to hang it..maybe if I get to image...and.with the part roof covered the air conditioning is working rather well. So much better now,.
Also the neighbour said he could build the car port for me...so very happy as things are coming together..
Alex