Old 17-02-2021, 06:43 PM
jamespierce (James)

Remote Obsevatory Access

Hi Photometry Buffs,

I have a 14 inch Planewave in an automated robotic observatory (Toadhall) located in Western Victoria (Loaded with a a good CCD and L,Ha,OIII,B,V,R and I filters). I use it for my own observing program which is mostly focused on photometry of variable stars as well as a few other observers who chase comets etc. I’ve considered starting a SN search project to use downtime but there are only so many hours in the day to dedicate. Anyway I wanted to make the offer to this forum for members to access to my system. There is often slack time available and I am certainly happy for urgent follow up observations to be scheduled as a priority.

The system is driven by ACP so it's simple to just login and schedule observations via the Web. Data is automatically uploaded to Dropbox along with automated flats, darks and so-on.

If you are curious and if you have photometry, astrometry or comet projects that could use some telescope time get in touch and we'll see what we can do. I'm happy for pretty curious enquiries, but I would expect users to be undertaking serious projects and uploading and sharing their data with the AAVSO or other research groups.

Get in touch.

Last edited by jamespierce; 17-02-2021 at 06:59 PM.
Old 23-03-2021, 10:23 PM
xthestreams (Paul)
photon disrupter

An amazing thing to offer James! Inspiring.
Old 23-01-2023, 07:27 PM
jamespierce (James)

Reiterating this offer again. I must admit I was surprised there was not more interest given folks pouring money into services like iTelescope etc.