Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-09-2019, 09:46 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Is anyone here following the Safire project.
I have not paid any attention to it because of its link to the Electric Universe mob who present the hypothesis that the Sun is in effect explainable by viewing its activity as driven by electricity.
The Safire project seems like science in a garage but I try to keep up with most everything and looking at their efforts via YouTube ( the perfect place to conduct ones science education) I don't know what to think about it frankly and so I ask here if anyone knows if they are crazy or if they are doing useful research.
Alex

Anyone know how to edit the title?
Alex

Last edited by RB; 08-10-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 20-09-2019, 10:16 AM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Anyone know how to edit the title?
Alex
I don't know...the title seems entirely appropriate.
Old 20-09-2019, 10:20 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
I don't know...the title seems entirely appropriate.
I expect you may be right. It seems inconceivable their basic premise could be correct as with all the readings NASA make one would think if electricity is as dominate as they suggest NASA would have data.

Alex
Old 20-09-2019, 11:38 AM
JohnF (John)

Thanks for Posting. I did look up Safire sites and a sit debunking it. Do not know either way, but is interesting. Have someone who has a few times picked me up while I was Hitchhiking. He has a Doctorate in Plasma Physics. So next time I meet him, will ask him if he knows anything about this. But doubt it.

I noticed the site debunking this, also debunks people like Nikola Tesla. Einstein was once asked what it is like to be the smartest Scientist in the world. Einstein relied, "I do not know. You will have to ask Nikola Tesla."

That debunking website also knock the Idea of Tower 7 coming down by controlled Demolition. Guess what, I do believe on that ??

They also knock Velikovsky. I have one of his books in paper and inch and downloaded another. Do not accept all of his ideas, but found his books interesting reading.

And Alex, the site debunking Safire seem to also accept the Big Bang as a fact, like I probably do, but I know an iceinspace member who said that he does not accept the Big Bang -- some Astronomers of today do not accept it but instead accept the Steady State Theory.
Old 21-09-2019, 01:14 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

It is so hard to know what to believe sometimes John.
Ironically it was not until astronomy that I had doubts about the big bang theory which I point out is due to my inability to look at all that is out there (if only limited to the observable universe) and then trying to imagine all I comprehend, the billions of galaxies planets and other stuff, could be reduced in size as the theory presents.
It's what I think is called an argument from incredulity which is presented as a bad thing but I am happy with rejecting anything that I find beyond my ability to accept...
And if you are critical you start to think the theory carries a few to many repair jobs..if you accept the theory you will only see those repairs as areas of development of the theory. I like a steady state model for a variety of reasons the major one being it takes away the necessity of a point of creation ... And that just makes more sense for me.
Anyways I am not wasting any time on the Safire thing..if anything big happens I will find out the next time I look at it...in a year or so.
The main problem with the electric universe is that it does not fit my push gravity universe �� what I would like is to know what we may know in another thousand years...will something come along that changes much of what we take as more or less fact today.
Hope you are well.
Alex