Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Nightscapes
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2016, 01:15 PM
gregbradley

Another Milky Way pano with airglow

Here's another panorama using 7 x 2.5 minute exposures and a Fuji XT2 and Samyang 12mm F2.0 lens on a Polarie. I caught some nice magenta air glow.

http://www.pbase.com/gregbradley/image/164573540/large regular size (a bit small)

http://www.pbase.com/gregbradley/ima...73540/original larger image (looks better)

Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Milky Way Bigga 7 x 155secs ISO 2000 XT2 Samyang 12mm F2.0) V3 thumb.jpg)
37.2 KB93 views
Old 08-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

That's really nice Greg!

Only a minor suggestion but if you take the ground without it tracking you'll get a still foreground (car/house/trees [if short enough]).

Wall worthy print
Old 08-12-2016, 06:06 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
That's really nice Greg!

Only a minor suggestion but if you take the ground without it tracking you'll get a still foreground (car/house/trees [if short enough]).

Wall worthy print
Thanks Colin. I did actually take a static pano of the landscape but I could get it to match up. I concluded it was a matter of sequence. I took all the tracked images and then took all the untracked landscape images.

Next time I will take the tracked images for a panel and immediately turn the tracked off and get the landscape untracked shot for that panel. Then stitch them all together or do 2 panos and hope I can stretch/warp them to fit. I have managed to combine tracked and untracked before but not this time. It was also windy so a lot of the tree shots were blurred not only from the tracking but also from wind so only the items that weren't wind effected gave sharp images.

The other approach is stacking shorter exposures. May try both ways next time and see which gives the better result.

Greg.