Old 07-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Thanks Ray! When I get more time I'll have to experiment and see how many subs I can get away with I just wish my connection issues hadn't hampered my efforts at collecting more data that night..something I need to work on.

But you're certainly right, it's a different paradigm, but I like a challenge as I mentioned in the previous thread, I see it as a cheaper alternative to a CCD and with the larger chip it looks like a winner to me so far. My intention is to be able to chase some narrowband targets from here in the City as well as broadband when at a dark site.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:14 PM
glend (Glen)

Looking good Dunk. i am enjoying narrowband with 300" subs, can't see a need for longer with this camera. Just watch the file storage build up, i just bought a 3TB drive to move all my individual subs to an archive after stacking and processing. Just the ASI1600 subs already added up to over 1000 files at 31.2meg a piece. Get a good dark library setup for your major camera setting preference, i only use a few different Master Dark and Bias files now. I have not bothered with flats yet.

Last edited by glend; 07-08-2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:05 PM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Thanks Glen! Yeah I'm used to the mysterious storage gobbler, aka planetary imaging