Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 02-10-2020, 10:04 AM
vesko

Unable to connect ZWO ASI120MC-S to Lenovo Yoga S730

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2nd hand Lenovo Yoga S730 running Window 10 in order to run FireCapture for planetary imaging. The laptop only has thunderbolt ports, so the only way to connect the supplied USB3.0 by ZWO cable is with a dongle. This is the info for the ports from the Lenovo website: 3 TOTAL: 2 x Type-C (support DisplayPort PD Thunderbolt USB 3.1, 1 x Always-On Charging) and 1 x Type-C (DC-In USB 3.1).

I downloaded the latest version of FireCapture, the latest driver for ZWO ASI cameras and the latest driver for the Lenovo thunderbolt ports but I'm still failing to connect the camera to the laptop via a thunderbolt to USB3.0 dongle. The camera is not visible in Device Manager. The camera is connecting with the same cable without issues to my MacBook Pro with the ASI studio software.

Any advice would be much appreciated?

V
Old 03-10-2020, 09:58 AM
sunslayr (David)

It's possible the camera does not support the thunderbolt dongle, do you have a regular type-c to usb adapter?
Old 03-10-2020, 03:10 PM
vesko

All good now. I updated all drivers, tweaked a few things in device manager and used a different dongle.