Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 14-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Adapter: Canon EOS bayonet SLR lens to SBIG ST7E ccd camera

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can purchase an adapter for mating a Canon EOS DSLR bayonet lens to an ST7E ccd camera? The SBIG ST7E offers up Female T-threads to accept an incoming Male T-thread.

Thanks!

Dennis
Old 14-05-2010, 09:32 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

Yep got one right here Dennis. Well two actually I think. If you want to use canon lenses on your SBIG then that's what i've got. Pm me with your address and I'll drop them in the mail for you to play with.

Or come for a drive. We're not that far away

Last edited by [1ponders]; 15-05-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 15-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Hi Paul

Thank you!

Now then Mr Ponders…is there ANY accessory or fiendish adapter that you haven’t got at your disposal!

I’ll PM you my address – you are a champ.

Cheers

Dennis
Old 15-05-2010, 07:23 AM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

Oh I'm missing lots Dennis. LOL I'll have to have a look in your little plastic box and see which ones I'm missing and need to order
Old 15-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Just in case someone else happens along the way with the same query, I’ll post my findings below:

1. Here’s a rather nice looking unit from Italy/Germany, at 119.00 Euro’s though! Even with the current favourable exchange rate this would translate to almost $200 – yikes!

2. I’ve also found one at Mogg Adapters for ST7 to EOS.

3. Here’s one from QSI, their Canon EOS - SLR Lens Adapter priced at US$199.00

"The Canon EOS SLR lens adapter provides the correct focal distance with QSI 500 Series "ws" model cameras, such as the 532ws and 540ws. Attaches to standard T-mount adapter".

4. Canon EOS Wide-Field Adapter from STI who write:

"Our new Canon EOS Wide-Field adapter is just the ticket for using EOS lenses on your CCD camera. The front of the adapter is identical to the mount on your camera, so is guaranteed to securely hold any EOS lens. The rear of the EOS WFA has a standard male t-thread which will screw firmly into just about any CCD camera.

Particular attention was paid to the width of the adapter, which measures only 18mm in thickness. Since EOS lenses have a backfocus focus measured at 44.00mm, this design guarantees that any CCD camera with a backfocus distance of 26mm or less will reach infinity focus. These include all SBIG ST cameras, the entire line of Meade DSI cameras, the new Orion Starshoot series, Starlight Xpress models, and many others."

Cheers

Dennis

Last edited by Dennis; 15-05-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: STI added
Old 15-05-2010, 08:47 AM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

The ones I have aren't quite that swish looking Dennis more your stock standard home grown black. But one does have a nice silver ring around the bayonet bit.