Old 07-07-2009, 11:14 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

M42 - 2" spacers

Hi guys, I'm after some 2" spacers M42 M to M42 F in various length ranging from 10mm to 40mm. What's the best place to source this, localy in Oz if possible. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:00 PM
gbeal

Got me confused Marc, easy I know. @', M42 (so old Pentax screw, correct?), in lengths 10mm to 40mm? What are you after.
If M42 Pentax extension tubes, try e bay or a second hand camera store. I have a couple lying round, others will too.
Gary
Old 07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeal View Post
Got me confused Marc, easy I know. @', M42 (so old Pentax screw, correct?), in lengths 10mm to 40mm? What are you after.
If M42 Pentax extension tubes, try e bay or a second hand camera store. I have a couple lying round, others will too.
Gary
Hi Gary, how's sunny NZ? I want something between my MPCC and the QHY8 nose piece that I can adjust so I can modify the coma corrector spacing. I have one spacer right now that's about 35mm in length with one male thread M42 that goes into the nose piece on one end and 42mm female on the other end to fit the back of the MPCC. Counting the total length from the back of the MPCC to the CCD plane I have exactly 55mm +/- .5mm. I want to be able to modify this distance to check if it improves the field at all.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Tandum (Robin)

Quote:
M42 (so old Pentax screw, correct?)
Pentax screw is a 42mm thread with a 1mm pitch, the front of the QHY8 is a T-thread. That's a 42mm thread with a .75mm pitch, it's different.

Try MyAstroShop for spacers or Tan has a backfocus matched QHY8 to MPCC adapter near the bottom of the page.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:19 PM
gbeal

Hi Marc,
NZ is cool, in more ways than one, LOL.
OK, the M42 threw me, and as Robin has eluded, there is a difference to M42 Pentax as opposed T thread.
You are wanting this to supersede the Peter Tan MPCC to QHY8 adaptor then?
If so, then stick with the common thread, T thread, which as Robin says is Metric 42mmx.75 pitch.
To adjust, slightly, the length first try various T extensions, but if all else fails try Bob Luffel at Alpine Astro http://www.alpineastro.com/eyepiece_...ed%20Couplings and there will be something in the Baader line that allows adjustment, the T2 Locking Ring for example. Maybe there is an Oz based equivalent of Bob, but I have always dealt with him.
Gary
Old 08-07-2009, 07:31 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandum View Post
Pentax screw is a 42mm thread with a 1mm pitch, the front of the QHY8 is a T-thread. That's a 42mm thread with a .75mm pitch, it's different.

Try MyAstroShop for spacers or Tan has a backfocus matched QHY8 to MPCC adapter near the bottom of the page.
I currently have peter's MPCC adaptor but I'm after something I can set to different distances.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:32 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Hi Marc,
NZ is cool, in more ways than one, LOL.
OK, the M42 threw me, and as Robin has eluded, there is a difference to M42 Pentax as opposed T thread.
You are wanting this to supersede the Peter Tan MPCC to QHY8 adaptor then?
If so, then stick with the common thread, T thread, which as Robin says is Metric 42mmx.75 pitch.
To adjust, slightly, the length first try various T extensions, but if all else fails try Bob Luffel at Alpine Astro http://www.alpineastro.com/eyepiece_...ed%20Couplings and there will be something in the Baader line that allows adjustment, the T2 Locking Ring for example. Maybe there is an Oz based equivalent of Bob, but I have always dealt with him.
Gary
Thanks for the link Gary - I'll check it out
Old 08-07-2009, 07:43 AM
peter_4059 (Peter)
Big Scopes are Cool

Myastroshop has Lumicon T thread spacers

http://www.myastroshop.com.au/produc...ProdID=MAS-333