ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 28-01-2015, 03:32 PM
griz11 (Dan)

Finally getting to test my set-up

Its been over a month since I've seen a clear sky. I've added a lot of gear so I have been going crazy to put it to use. Added the dec axis a guide scope and guider and different electronics. Mounted the Borg and my 7D2 on an ADM dual saddle vixen style. The Borg is in Borg rings on a ADM dovetail. First time I've bought any of the ADM stuff. I like it. And over here they are super quick to get it to you. I ordered the last bit on a Saturday in the afternoon it shipped the same day. Can't beat that. Mainly testing and tweaking the guider system tonight but maybe I can get some imaging in as well.

Griz
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (First-Night.jpg)
82.0 KB78 views
Old 28-01-2015, 03:36 PM
PeterEde (Peter)
Prince Planet

Looking pretty good Dan.
Old 28-01-2015, 09:25 PM
blink138 (Pat)

rather handsome wide field setup there fella!
pat
Old 29-01-2015, 03:04 AM
griz11 (Dan)

Thanks

Thanks I'm pretty proud of it. Didnt' start out to get that involved but after seeing what the minimal set-up was capable was I went for the whole thing Isn't that the way it goes though. Would have been cheaper to go with a GM-8 but I couldn't get it to the yard. I pull the dec axis and dual saddle off of this and its 25lbs easy enough for me to lug around. Guider install and testing went great until I failed to notice the dew forming on my guidescope. That was an hour or so of hair pulling cursing almost to the throwing expensive stuff stage. Newbie mistake. The little dewpoint indicator on BYE said I had a full 10 deg more to go but the lake is across the street looks like I"m going to have to account for that in the future. Don't have a strip for both lenses yet so I had to pack it in. Going to give the Argo a work out tonight and get the mount modeling set up. Then I should have 2 more nights of clear to get some images. They looked a lot better with the guider. Sharper and the nice round stars. The mini Borg and Lodestar work great. Last time I used a guider it was a ST-4. This blows that away so bad its not funny. Plenty of guidestars to choose from. Might put in a small sandbag next time and see if it helps. Astrotrac was supposed to come up with a water bladder for that pier but I haven't seen anything lately. Waiting for the euro to drop some more and I'll get the 6nm HA clip in. Then I gotta call it quits for awhile the boss is getting irritable. Don't want to wake up one morning missing parts

Griz