Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 29-07-2019, 05:55 PM
sl

Samyang 12mm f/2.8

I have for sale a pristine Samyang 12mm f/2.8 lens for a Canon EOS. This lens on a full frame camera provides 180 degrees across the diagonal - which I prefer to the circular fisheye format. See attached Milky Way picture taken with my unmodified Canon 6D. When fitted to an APS-C format it provides about 120 degrees diagonally - see attached Milky Way picture taken on my modified Canon 500D. Stars are almost perfect all the way to the edge - at f/2.8. See 100% crop from the 6D frame if you want to see how good they are. The lens is fully manual - no autofocus - but the dept of field is so large that for terrestrial pictures I just set it to infinity and stop it down a little and everything is in focus.

The lens comes with an embarrassing story. My lens - not the one for sale - worked fine, but on a recent holiday I discovered that it it was no longer in focus. I couldn't immediately find anything wrong with the lens - the focus mecahanism still moved and nothing rattled - and I needed it, so I bought another lens. Once I'd bought a new lens I got brave and dismantled my old one and discovered that a lens element had come loose. I re-tightened it and my lens was working perfectly again. So now I have a second lens which I don't need - so it's up for sale.

It's not a new lens - although it looks perfect. No dust nor any marks. I bought it as a second hand lens, the original owner claimed to have bought it and never used it so was happy to sell it. It looks in perfect condition, so I believe the guy never used it. I've attached it to my camera and confirmed that it works and taken the attached pictures, and then put it back in the box.

It comes with the usual bits - both lens caps, cloth bag and box.

These sell on eBay for $600 or more. This lens $300, posted to anywhere in OZ. Feel free to ask any questions. PM for purchase.

~ Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Lens.jpg)
199.9 KB30 views
Click for full-size image (Lens_box.jpg)
98.2 KB31 views
Click for full-size image (MilkyWay_6D_Samyang12mm-F2p8.jpg)
195.6 KB54 views
Click for full-size image (MilkyWay_500D_Samyang12mmF2p8.jpg)
190.7 KB55 views
Click for full-size image (MilkyWay_6D_Samyang12mm-F2p8_100percentCrop.jpg)
116.6 KB44 views

Last edited by sl; 31-07-2019 at 08:17 AM.