Old 08-02-2015, 07:29 PM
neilallison (Neil)

CCD camera repairs

Hey guys

I have an Orion Deep Space Imager Pro II (Single shot colour) which has developed interference.
After chasing them multiple times, Orion in the US have been less than helpful and aren't even interested in looking at it seeing as it is no longer supported by them.
Is there anybody out there that can recommend somebody who may be able to have a go at fixing it?
The camera has great sentimental value so I'd like to keep it going if possible.

Thanks in advance

Neil
Old 25-07-2015, 04:44 PM
neilallison (Neil)

It's all fixed !!

I contacted Orion who told me it couldn't be fixed (even without looking at it !!!).
They wouldn't supply me with a wiring diagram nor would they tell me who the manufacturer was so I could maybe get a wiring diagram from them.
Orion were less than helpful. Probably in the hope I'd buy a new camera from them. When I get another camera (or any other equipment for that matter), I will make sure that it's not Orion. Their customer service is disgusting.

Anyhoo, I digress.
I took the camera apart and found that one of the chips looked a little cooked. So I posted a message on the Orion DSI Yahoo group in the hope that somebody could tell me what type of chip it was and I got a result.
I managed to find one on eBay (US$20) and Theo from Gama Electronics (http://www.gamaelectronics.com.au) fitted it for me last night. The camera is now as good as new again (despite not being fixable according to Orion).

Theo, you are a legend. Love our work.
Old 25-07-2015, 05:02 PM
RB (Andrew)

So that we don't have multiple threads running at the same time I'm locking this one and redirect everyone to the other thread.
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=128594

RB
Closed Thread