Old 06-01-2017, 07:26 PM
PeterSEllis (Peter)

TAK TOA 150 Extender

Hi Guys,

I have a Skywatcher 150mm Esprit and it produces stunning pictures, with the edge to edge pin points stars, the flattener works beautifully. I have placed a few pictures up on the Deep Space Forum. For a lot of Deepsky objects, the 1000mm focal length is fine, but for some of the smaller deep sky objects it would be good to increase the focal lenght too around 1500mm.
I'm thinking of getting a TOA 1.6X Extender, but have no experience at this and would love some advice. Will the TOA work with the Esprit? Do I remove the Flattener when I use it? Is there a better option for increasing the Focal Length other than the TOA (which is bloody expensive)?

It is something I don't want to get wrong, any help would be very much appreciated.
P.S. I Only do Deepsky Astrophotography (the fuzzies), no Visual.

Cheers
Peter
Old 06-01-2017, 07:55 PM
Kunama

I don't know if it will work but I have a spare TOA 1.6 extender if you want to try it.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:08 PM
PeterSEllis (Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunama View Post
I don't know if it will work but I have a spare TOA 1.6 extender if you want to try it.
Hi Matt,

I will wait for a few mores responses, if they are favorable I might take you up on that kind offer.

Cheers
Peter