Old 16-09-2019, 06:54 PM
Zubenel (Wes)
Awe and Wonder

Ptolemy's Cluster up close

The moment that you see the last post is the same as the one you've been working on Here is 27 Subs and 3 darks at 10sec ( I've finally improved my tracking errors ) ISO1600 stacked is Sequator . no post edit as it blew out the bright stars with the histogram all the way to the left . Just had a look back to June last year and WOW ,practice and persistence is the key to improvement! Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (ptolemy's Cluster final wes smith.jpg)
187.8 KB55 views
Old 16-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Paulyman (Paul)

Beautiful. For such short subs the background looks so clean, no way my canon could do that. It’s nice to see a few different renditions of this cluster.
Old 16-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Zubenel (Wes)
Awe and Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulyman View Post
Beautiful. For such short subs the background looks so clean, no way my canon could do that. It’s nice to see a few different renditions of this cluster.
Paulyman Would that be your Cannon Up to very recently my best was 3.5sec/sub. Wielding a 2540mm Focal length dob around in Alt Az is a challenge that is keeping me engaged to see what is possible . Whats next ? , I have been reading that I can plug a guide scope into the servocat although it's myth at best to me at the moment. ....