Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 06-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Help! SBIG 8300c not recognized by Nebulosity

Hi everyone,

When I woke up early this morning to shut everything down after an all night imaging session I noticed heavy fog and very heavy dew on the gear. This evening I tried to shoot some flats & darks but the camera is not being recognized properly by Nebulosity, and the frames it captures are completely black.

Nebulosity says it's now seeing an SBIG ST-402 but my camera is an SBIG 8300c! I have had no problems with these connections before and until now the system has been operating well. I use it with a MacBook.

Is it possible that moisture has gotten in and corrupted the camera circuits? ...and if so can it be repaired or is it a write off?

Advice and suggestions welcome please
Cheers
Andy
Old 07-04-2014, 03:49 PM
SimmoW (SIMON)
Farting Nebulae

Not many takers eh Andy? Gettit dry asap I'd say, leave it near a sunny window (assuming it's sunny...). That's all I can offer. Or get to know a good electrician.

Keep us up to date as to progress. This scares me and would put me off leaving a cam for hrs, ever!