Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Scopie (Brad)

Vixen VC200L White tube, CG5-GT and accessories

So I bought that 16 inch Dob... Now I am in the market to sell my old scope and mount, which make a good introductory astrograph in my humble opinion. The VC being so light (6kg) it performs well on the CG5-GT.

So what is for sale:

Vixen VC200L OTA (does not have a dual speed focuser- seems Vixen is now selling them as a relatively cheap upgrade)
Vixen finder, Flip mirror, aluminium case
Focal reducer (I need to check what that other ring is- maybe a nikon adapter?)
CG5-GT on a heavy duty steel tripod.
Dew heater, extension serial (DB-9) cables for computer control.

If you're an interested beginner I also have a celestron power tank, 2 inch eyepieces (which are brand new) and a used Meade 4000 2 inch diagonal if you want a visual package- I am hoping to keep these, but wife acceptance of a 16 inch monster requires the Vixen be sold! [EDIT] - these are not included in the $2,500 but I will do a good deal if you are a beginner requiring eyepieces to give you a fully functional visual system.

Condition is excellent, there are the usual marks on the dovetail from screwing the OTA to the mount and likely similar from attaching the finder. No other marks on the OTA which has been carefully stored in its original plastic in the hard case when not in use. Mirror has no problems. I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo of it - just ask.

The mount is also in excellent used condition- I have upgraded the firmware on it at least once but it is otherwise unaltered. I have used the scope around 30-40 times since I bought it.

The OTA case has some tiny dings in the top (you can see one in the supplied picture, far right of the top).

I'm looking for $2,500 firm. The buyer to arrange their own shipping. I'll entertain offers to break it up but like most people I don't want to be stuck with a mount

Want more pictures or info, just ask! Below is the Blurb on the VC in case you aren't aware of what optical advantages it has over a typical SCT. Includes USD RRP if you want to calculate what all this might be worth new.

http://www.vixenoptics.com/reflectors/VC200L.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSC_0223.jpg)
51.4 KB199 views
Click for full-size image (DSC_0225.jpg)
112.5 KB78 views
Click for full-size image (DSC_0226.jpg)
104.3 KB103 views

Last edited by Scopie; 21-03-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 21-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Astromelb

PM Sent
Old 23-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Scopie (Brad)

Withdrawn

Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest - I'm not happy with the condition of the mirror so I'm withdrawing the scope from sale until the mirror is cleaned.

Kind Regards,

Brad.