ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Star Parties, Club and Community Events
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Jen
Moving to Pandora

haha awww poor Paddy but a 16" is still good you know I'm easy pleased with my 12" hehe
Thanks for organising it Malcolm ((hugs))
Well despite the crappy weather it made me feel like I was right at snake valley hahaha it was so good to catch up with you all I did miss a lot of peeps too. I missed out on getting to know Ed my new Ed80 (naughty me) as I didn't get it out on Friday night as I was doing the usual being a Friday night social butterfly at least now I know how to put it all together thanks heaps guys lol
Wow what a great spot up there it has everything too long a walk from the imaging field to the toilets though I need to go back to visual
Due to crappy weather I cut my time short and only stayed for three nights
Daniel, Ryan, Drew and myself oh and a goat hahaha were the only ones there on Sunday night and it cleared up beautifully for a couple of hours so I got to fire up johnny after all yayyy seen ngc253 through my scope for the first time very cool
Thank you so much Daniel for bringing Ryan or Drew would have been very bored and thanks for hanging around to help me pack up you are a true gentlemen xo
The new moon in January is near Australia Day long weekend so I might head down there again that weekend if anyone wants to catch up and show me the next step on how to use my new scope

IS IT MARCH YET

Old 26-11-2014, 07:17 PM
Big Dave (Dave)
Telescopes keep me poor

I was good to catch up with everyone.
My Friday night image.

I setup a Yahoo group for the former camp attendees. if you did not get an email invite, send me a PM (I have only a few addresses).

Cheers
Dave.

P.S. Had some Pav Sat night!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (M45.jpg)
175.1 KB21 views

Last edited by Big Dave; 26-11-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 28-11-2014, 05:17 PM
danielsun
Canon collector

Hey all, had a great weekend and was great to catch up with everyone and check out the ASV site and meet some ASV members.
Loved your precision state of the art counterweight widefield set up there niko!
Hey Jen, yeah no worries, only us die hards could hack it all three nights and was great that the sky cleared up just enough to have a bit of a visual through Jonny on the last night. something I haven't done for a while.
Thanks Malcolm for your efforts in keeping it going and looking forward to March
Hey Dave thanks mate, yep got your yahoo invite will hook up shortly.
Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_2110 (Copy).JPG)
197.6 KB72 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2115 (Copy).JPG)
177.1 KB69 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2117 (Copy).JPG)
192.8 KB69 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2121 (Copy).JPG)
161.4 KB70 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2122 (Copy).JPG)
193.6 KB68 views
Click for full-size image (_MG_2142 (Copy).JPG)
102.1 KB61 views
Old 30-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Mckechg (Grant)
NEVAS Member

Don't Particularly need to know about the dirty laundry, it was a great night and I have to say the brilliant nature of people in the Astro community makes me want to spend more time with people, sometimes in small groups sometimes in large! just saying...
Old 01-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Hagar (Doug)

You have some dirty laundry do you? Perhaps we will meet one day, dirty washing and all.