Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 02-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Giritboy

Celestron Nightscape 10100

Hi all,

I am selling my cooled Oneshot colour Celestron Nightscape 10100 ccd. It is a 10.7 megapixel kodak sensor with a build in shutter. Please see the link for product:
https://www.celestron.com/products/n...ape-ccd-camera

It has no problems and cooling is great. Set the temperature in SGP/MaximDl and start capturing images. The sensor is clean with no marks or anything. You do not require to set any gains or offset. Its already set by the manufacture.

It captures color images in full spectrum. You will need the right filters for your needs. Nebula filters etc.

You will also need a 12volt powersupply. similar 12v pin like the skywatcher heq5 mounts. You can get it from jaycar for a few bucks.
And a high/good quality Mini B 5pin usb cable. Don't use the cheap ones or you will have issues downloading big image files.

Comes with the original box, information guide and cd-rom.
Any quesitons, just ask

The images i captured is using narrowband filters.

Asking price $500 not including shippment.

Regards,
Girit
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_2323.jpg)
159.4 KB120 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2322.jpg)
137.8 KB124 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2321.jpg)
141.7 KB111 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2320.jpg)
121.2 KB119 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2325.jpg)
188.2 KB101 views
Click for full-size image (Image37.jpg)
100.2 KB233 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2327.jpg)
203.7 KB161 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_2326.jpg)
200.4 KB168 views

Last edited by Giritboy; 31-10-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 17-10-2018, 10:41 PM
netwolf

how do you do narrowband with a OSC camera?
Old 18-10-2018, 11:31 AM
Giritboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwolf View Post
how do you do narrowband with a OSC camera?
Hi,

It’s simple, just use ha Sii or oiii filters and capture the target in long exposure, like for example I did 5 minutes of ha, 10 minutes of oiii and 20 minutes of sii,

After that using photoshop or pix insight, you extract the Color channel. for ha and sii it is red channel. Oiii I combine green and blue channel.

Covert them to grayscale and colour map your target , I use Hubble palette style for the lagoon.

This may sound like a lot of work, but there is many tutorials and techniques on YouTube to follow

One more note* since it’s a -30 below ambient cooling camera, noise is not so bad for long exposures, you will still get noise from any cooled ccd but you can subtract from darks.

I hope this helps,

Regards,
Girit

Last edited by Giritboy; 18-10-2018 at 11:41 AM.
Old 18-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Djlpap (Laurence)

Thanks Girit,

From specs it seems to have a relatively large RMS (16e-). How did you find it on long exposures. Was there any detail lost in processing to eliminate the noise. I have sony DSLR, and love the results, but would like to move into CCD for the advantages of dynamic range and full spectrum. This camera looks great except for its relatively high noise, and about 63dB dynamic range. Do you have any other long exposure pictures that you have taken with this camera?

Kind regards,
Laurence.
Old 20-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Giritboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djlpap View Post
Thanks Girit,

From specs it seems to have a relatively large RMS (16e-). How did you find it on long exposures. Was there any detail lost in processing to eliminate the noise. I have sony DSLR, and love the results, but would like to move into CCD for the advantages of dynamic range and full spectrum. This camera looks great except for its relatively high noise, and about 63dB dynamic range. Do you have any other long exposure pictures that you have taken with this camera?

Kind regards,
Laurence.
Hi Laurence,

I am sorry I missed your message, the noise is not too bad at constant -15. The camera cools to -30 below ambient temperature. Depending on your location and season you might be able to push lower like -20. I won’t recommend anything lower then -20, might damage the sensor or frost it. I will need to find some subs I captured at 20 minutes. If I can’t find any, I will try to capture a osc of some random target if the weather and seeing is good. Besides the lagoon I captured was with 80% or 70% moon glow therefore losing a lot of details in the outer rims. Equipment was 110ed refractor with a focal reducer/ flattener

Hope this helps and do reply me if you are still interested so I can bring the ccd out for my next imaging session.

Regards,
Girit

Last edited by Giritboy; 20-10-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Old 22-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Djlpap (Laurence)

Thanks Girit,

Yes I am interested, I am waiting for a sale of one of my astronomy items (celestron wedge if you believe it) before I can able to have the funds. Sounds like some great cooling capacity. With my light pollution, currently I'm limited to about 10min exposure otherwise the sub is a washout (even with a LPR filter). The weather has been not inviting lately, hopefully this week they may be patches of some semi clear skies.

Laurence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giritboy View Post
Hi Laurence,

I am sorry I missed your message, the noise is not too bad at constant -15. The camera cools to -30 below ambient temperature. Depending on your location and season you might be able to push lower like -20. I won’t recommend anything lower then -20, might damage the sensor or frost it. I will need to find some subs I captured at 20 minutes. If I can’t find any, I will try to capture a osc of some random target if the weather and seeing is good. Besides the lagoon I captured was with 80% or 70% moon glow therefore losing a lot of details in the outer rims. Equipment was 110ed refractor with a focal reducer/ flattener

Hope this helps and do reply me if you are still interested so I can bring the ccd out for my next imaging session.

Regards,
Girit
Old 23-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Giritboy

Quote:
Thanks Girit,

Yes I am interested, I am waiting for a sale of one of my astronomy items (celestron wedge if you believe it) before I can able to have the funds. Sounds like some great cooling capacity. With my light pollution, currently I'm limited to about 10min exposure otherwise the sub is a washout (even with a LPR filter). The weather has been not inviting lately, hopefully this week they may be patches of some semi clear skies.

Laurence.
Sure Laurence, I am no rush in selling it. Will find a clear night with zero % moonlight.

Thank you and regards,
Girit
Old 26-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Giritboy

Hi Laurence,

Please check your inbox.

Regards,
Girit

Quote:
Thanks Girit,

Laurence.