Old 09-11-2015, 09:47 PM
Adrian Aitken (Adrian Aitken)
Nightwatcher

Question Mallincam

Any thoughts about the new Mallincams? I have one about 3 years old. Are the new ones significantly better?
Old 10-11-2015, 11:53 AM
netwolf

Hey Adrian never used one I have used an Astrovid and a Stellacam/Watec long time ago with my dob. From what I can see Malincam's are rebuilt and designed for Astro use.

You can check out this site for lots of good Video Astronomy information.
http://ballaratman.wix.com/videoastronomy
And this
http://astrovideoforum.proboards.com/

Lot of people are now using Guide Camera and Planet imaging cameras Electronically Assisted Video Astronomy. The Loadstar X2 from Starlight, a chap in UK has developed a dedicated software for VA using these Startlight cameras Lodestar Live. It maybe renamed now as Starlight Live. It also supports some of the Starlihgt CCD camers. And Paul the developper has been good at updates and adding support for cameras. There is also the ZWO cameras that are being used for VA now. You can also use a DSLR to do VA now.

There are plenty of VA forums around to check out Cloudy Nights, and StargazersLounge Paul usually posts his latest software on SL. You can see there images taken with some of these cameras and many others.

Last edited by netwolf; 10-11-2015 at 08:41 PM.