Old 24-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Neil

Micro focuser to suit LX90

Now that meade no longer make a zero image shift focuser to suit Lx90s, can anyone recomend a suitable replacement ? Any sugestions welcome, however please excuse me for a couple of hours, i,m going to watch footy. Thanks in advance.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Osirisra (Ken)
Dead God

I just grabbed one of these a few days ago and a long 1/4" bolt from Bunnings to lock the mirror.

http://www.bintel.com.au/Accessories...oductview.aspx
Old 25-09-2011, 12:09 PM
Neil

Thanks Ken,i,m a little bit puzzled, where does the 1/4 " bolt go? Have you used it ?How did it go?Maybe you could post a picture? sorry for all the questions,Thanks again.
Old 25-09-2011, 01:32 PM
mozzie (Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Now that meade no longer make a zero image shift focuser to suit Lx90s, can anyone recomend a suitable replacement ? Any sugestions welcome, however please excuse me for a couple of hours, i,m going to watch footy. Thanks in advance.
hi neil
meade still make the zero image shift focuser,they fit all lx scopes on my 14"lx200 it has 2 plug in available but when i was using it on my lx90 you had to buy a 909apm which fitted on the back of the ota,then you where able to plug in varies accessories including the zero image shift focuser.these's 909 apm are no longer available try here in the wanted section you may be surprised,i sold mine a couple of years ago.....google the 909apm i once found an american company making a clone of these they are still available as for the zero shift focuser is an excellent accessory to have makes a hell of a difference focusing on those faint fuzzies...
Old 25-09-2011, 01:48 PM
mozzie (Peter)

hi neil try here http://www.astrogene1000.com/product..._909_clone.htm
these are those clones::::
Old 25-09-2011, 03:10 PM
Osirisra (Ken)
Dead God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thanks Ken,i,m a little bit puzzled, where does the 1/4 " bolt go? Have you used it ?How did it go?Maybe you could post a picture? sorry for all the questions,Thanks again.

look to the left hand side of your focus Knob, you will see a plastic bung. If you take it out, you have access to the mirror cell via this hole which passes through the hole, and into a threaded hole in the mirror cell. This must only be threaded in about 2.5 turns, and then locked in place with a nut.
Old 25-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Neil

Thanks peter, i,ll check that out. Thanks Ken, I found the bung!
Old 25-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Neil

Ken, one more question, how long is the bolt you used and what type of thread ect, thanks mate.
Old 26-09-2011, 05:06 AM
MLyons (Martin)

I thought the OTA was the same on the LX90 and LX200 and that it was just the mount that was different

Anyhow, if you're looking for a Meade zero image shift microfocuser I have one NIB. PM me for details.
I have all the various adapters required to fit it to any thread - simply need to know what thread size is on the back of your scope.

Martin
Old 26-09-2011, 05:19 AM
mozzie (Peter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLyons View Post
I thought the OTA was the same on the LX90 and LX200 and that it was just the mount that was different

Anyhow, if you're looking for a Meade zero image shift microfocuser I have one NIB. PM me for details.
I have all the various adapters required to fit it to any thread - simply need to know what thread size is on the back of your scope.

Martin
yes martin the ota's are the same but the lx90 doesn't have a plug in point for the zero shift microfocuser that's where the 909 module comes's into play...
Old 26-09-2011, 05:39 AM
MLyons (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzie View Post
yes martin the ota's are the same but the lx90 doesn't have a plug in point for the zero shift microfocuser that's where the 909 module comes's into play...
Aha!!
Didn't thunk of that