Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 03-08-2020, 01:26 PM
idsteph (Ian)

**$5500 Negotiable plus SHARED Shipping**Sirius 2.3m Observatory

Offered for sale - pick up from Perth preferred the Sirius 2.3m Home Observatory is very well priced to sell for offers around AU$5500. As a guide for interstate shipping I have been quoted an estimate palleted shipping by road to Sydney CBD from Perth is around $1200. I am happy to share 50% of interstate shipping costs.

Specification:

Total Height: 2.83m / 9’3″
Wall Height: 1.5m / 5’0″
Diameter: 2.3m / 7’6″
Door Size: 1.15m H x 1.0m W / 3’6″ x 2’6″
Aperture Width: 0.6m / 2’0″
Open past zenith: 250mm / 0’10”

The Observatory is currently fully erected pending purchaser inspection or additional photograph requirements. Please NOTE - I will dismantle on Friday 7 August. In addition to the Observatory I have two purpose made storm covers which allow for the Dome to be fully removed for full sky access whilst still having immediate equipment protection overnight/during day whilst dome is removed. These covers will be included free of charge and have been constructed and designed to be weather proof and light weight.

Full Dome removal requires three people or the use of a small gantry crane - see pictures, and is only necessary if the user has a preference for full sky access.

The Dome roof is wheel mounted and rotates very easily by hand as per design, an option (not purchased) is the full rotation kit - contact Sirius direct for details.

Two of the side walls include rebated storage sections and the other two walls have two beautiful hi-res laser printed astronomy photographs printed on metal.

Final price to be agreed with purchaser to include 50% shared shipping costs, contact me direct to discuss any offer and for any more information.

This Observatory is a beautiful center piece and offers a sheltered and practical means of observing the heavens - it is a high quality Observatory, it requires zero maintenance and is very easy to self assemble.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_4405.jpg)
201.7 KB291 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4406.jpg)
202.1 KB256 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4042.jpg)
203.8 KB286 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4045.jpg)
194.6 KB259 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4037.jpg)
201.2 KB260 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4038.jpg)
197.0 KB226 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4039.jpg)
199.0 KB218 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_4404.jpg)
204.2 KB225 views

Last edited by idsteph; 08-08-2020 at 03:06 PM. Reason: sold