Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Solar System

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:52 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Brilliant, Dennis. The animation is awesome. Extremely well registered and the labels are great.
Old 07-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [1ponders] View Post
Boy you do a professional job of it.
Thanks Paul and Mike, I appreciate your stopping by - again! LOL!

Paul, I suspect that to most casual viewers, the raw data of a few stars and a series of dashes may not look very interesting, so I’ve tried to dress it up with explanations about each element and of course, with the heroic exploits of the image taker!

The main tool used to tart up the data was Adobe Photoshop CS3 which continues to amaze me more each day, as I become more familiar with its marvelous capabilities and rich tool set.

The Starry Night Pro Plus 6 overlay was done in SNP by importing the final composite image and then SNP has a set of easy to use tools that help you position and align the imported image as an overlay on the SNP star field. SNP was fabulous to use to plot the geosynchronous satellites, although I haven’t worked out yet how to label them in SNP – I added the labels in CS3.

SkyTools 3 Pro is an excellent application that probably would be the one that I would choose if I could only have one. The image overlay on the SkyTools field was done in CS3 using Layers. I really like the way that SkyTools plots the predicted path of these NEO’s, so I can then jump ahead and wait for the NEO to enter the FOV of the ST7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Brilliant, Dennis. The animation is awesome. Extremely well registered and the labels are great.
Mike, I finally figured out how to do animations in CS3!

I created a background frame by combining all 18 sub frames using a Median combine to get rid of the trails of 2009 FD and the satellites, and then I used Layers to drop the dashed trail of 2009 FD and the satellites back into each frame, so the background was a little less noisy. I figured a smoother background should also reduce the file size, always a challenge with animations.

Cheers

Dennis