Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 18-01-2018, 11:11 AM
robgjames (Robert)

Meade Lightswitch LS-8 200mm ACF UHT

Meade Lightswitch LS-8 200mm ACF UHT

This is a Meade 8” Lightswitch with Bintel Mirror Diagonal (99% Dialectric – adapter for 2” eyepieces ), 12 V power supply, 12V car power adapter, electric focuser, Meade video screen and additional larger Philips video screen. I’ve included a Meade Super Plossl 26mm LP Multicoated.
It works as described in many reviews – will find north and level and the GPS supplies location and time. Subject to a dark sky the inbuilt camera will finally align or you can do it manually. I’ve used it very infrequently having a number of other go to scopes so it has spent most of its life under a sheet. This telescope excels at engaging others in tours with audio commentary and the big screen is more convenient than the handset for navigating around menus. The handset is fine – all buttons work like new.
The OTA delivers very sharp images and the mirror and coatings show no problems – like new apart from minor dust– easily removed if you are so inclined.
It can need to have a firmware card (supplied) inserted when booting if it has been unused for some time. It loads the firmware and you restart and carry on. I’ve had to do this twice after periods on non-use. I suspect this is common to all or at least many LS-8 from what I’ve read. Otherwise it looks and works as new (but with latest firmware).

Pick up from Kew Melbourne only, though I could drop in Geelong.
$1650 or nearest offer if not sold in a few weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image2.jpeg)
84.0 KB149 views
Click for full-size image (image3.jpeg)
151.6 KB126 views
Click for full-size image (image4.jpeg)
74.0 KB139 views
Click for full-size image (image6.jpeg)
101.0 KB143 views
Click for full-size image (image5.jpeg)
98.7 KB132 views
Click for full-size image (image8.jpeg)
107.3 KB156 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_9675.JPG)
108.2 KB164 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_9667.JPG)
126.6 KB165 views

Last edited by robgjames; 11-02-2018 at 10:39 AM. Reason: sold
Old 04-02-2018, 10:57 PM
UrliObservatory (Joe Urli)

Hi Robgjames,

do you perhaps know if your software upload from SD card version 1.6d?
Old 05-02-2018, 07:21 AM
robgjames (Robert)

Thanks for the heads up. I have been on 1.6a . 1.6d might be much better - will give it a go. Regards Rob
Old 08-02-2018, 08:09 AM
Timothy

i am interested in buying your telescope 0499002828

iam interested in buying your scope will you accept $1450 I live in Brisbane and will pay courier fees.... thanks tim muir 0499002828

This is a Meade 8” Lightswitch with Bintel Mirror Diagonal (99% Dialectric – adapter for 2” eyepieces ), 12 V power supply, 12V car power adapter, electric focuser, Meade video screen and additional larger Philips video screen. I’ve included a Meade Super Plossl 26mm LP Multicoated.
It works as described in many reviews – will find north and level and the GPS supplies location and time. Subject to a dark sky the inbuilt camera will finally align or you can do it manually. I’ve used it very infrequently having a number of other go to scopes so it has spent most of its life under a sheet. This telescope excels at engaging others in tours with audio commentary and the big screen is more convenient than the handset for navigating around menus. The handset is fine – all buttons work like new.
The OTA delivers very sharp images and the mirror and coatings show no problems – like new apart from minor dust– easily removed if you are so inclined.
It can need to have a firmware card (supplied) inserted when booting if it has been unused for some time. It loads the firmware and you restart and carry on. I’ve had to do this twice after periods on non-use. I suspect this is common to all or at least many LS-8 from what I’ve read. Otherwise it looks and works as new (but with latest firmware).

Pick up from Kew Melbourne only, though I could drop in Geelong.
$1650 or nearest offer if not sold in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Timothy

I am interested in your scope 0499002828 ... tim