Old 08-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Brian W (Brian)
The Wanderer

Ngc 3372

hi, for the last few weeks my wife and I ( who live 10 degrees north of the equator) have been able to view Eta Carenae and the surrounding heavens as low as the bottom of the Southern Cross. My wife who has lousy night vision but excellent colour vision even commented on the beautiful yellow nebulousness of 3372 the first time she saw it. Considering we were using a 4.5" short tube reflector at 75x I was impressed with both her colour perception and our dark skies.

Just wondering if anyone could direct me to web sites for this part of the heavens, preferably along the academic line as I have reasonable programs to help with the viewing but I would like to learn a little bit about what I am looking at.
Thanks, Brian
Old 08-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Karlsson

This may be of help: http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/b...27.htm#NGC3372

the link directs straight to NGC3372 - press home at the top of the page for the opening screen.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Brian W (Brian)
The Wanderer

Thank you Karlsson, that is exactly what I am looking for and from the home page I can explore a lot more of the wonders of the southern hemisphere.
Brian